P0090 and p0302 codes

Rmtomasin

:
Protege 5
Hey guys, new to the forum and I just got a 2003 p5 2.0l automatic from a friend. He mentioned when I was looking at the car that it intermittently had problems starting. I checked it out and at first I though maybe just a neutral safety switch since starting it in the neutral position seemed to work. It would give one click from the glove box area but no start. If I tried the key anywhere from 2 to 20 turns it would eventually start.

After about two days of starting it like that it just got worse. It will start in the park position as well so I started to think the problem was battery or starter related. Checked the Volts on the battery and I read 10v, way to low and old battery so I replaced but the problem stayed the same.

Then today it fired up first try, drove to a friends house. Sat for about 30 mins and when leaving it took about 20 turns to start and immediately had loss of power (lagging when accelerating from a stop and up a hill) and rough idle when stopped it stalled one time on me at a red light. The cel also came on at this time, sent two codes, the p0090 fuel pressure regulator control circuit 1 and p0302 misfire cylinder 2.

I'm new to mazdas, I've been a jeep guy my whole life. I know my way around cars a good bit as I have countless wrenching hours under mine and some friends jeeps. Not to sure where to go from here though any help and or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Back