Options for increasing power in a Mazda5?

What would be the way forward to increase power in the Mazda5?

Any thoughts?
Stickers. Lots and lots of stickers.

dZRLyLXTRZSNPXz1kYm0vA.jpg
il_570xN.938464246_b5q5.jpg

download.png
s-l400.jpg

If the option is available, forced induction (turbocharge or supercharge the engine). Otherwise, basic bolt-ons (air intake, headers, exhaust) can increase hp/tq, but generally the increases are quite minimal.

@English rob There's a lot you can do actually but it wouldn't be necessarily easy or readily available...That said, take a look at what @TheMZ5wagon is doing to his Mazda5...

Also if you search our Mazda5 Forum, you should find more info regarding increasing the Mazda5's power output.

Good luck and at the very least, it's worth exploring options. :)

Passing power! Why does something so peppy about town have zero passing power?

My bright idea so far, likely completely impractical for most of us: swap the entire driveline from a Focus RS. Neither cheap nor simple, but shouldn't it have been offered as an option on the 5 in the first place? 🙃

I got the idea from Mighty Car Mods, when they swapped the AWD turbo driveline from a JDM Dhiatsu Mira (cut in half and imported as parts b/c Australian import laws prevented keeping it as a whole car) into an Aussie-market Mira. One downside was that they had to swap the rearmost portion of floorpan on their car; while it looks to me like the MZ5 might be set up to accept a rear diff, I actually know about squat about AWD and could be completely up a gum tree.

Neither the Honda nor the Toyotas are minivans anymore. They're as big as a 90's Econoline.

The MZ5 was the last actual minivan, which is why we love ours. No clue what we'll get when this one dies in 15 years. :confused:

>used Canadian Mazda
>used Canadian anything

Yeah, no
Rust, rust, and more rust.

Did I mention Canadian cars are rust prone?

Quick story: Drove down to Florida a few years ago in my 2006 Nissan Altima. My exhaust was rusting out, so I went to a NAPA auto parts garage type of place to get a replacement installed. Much cheaper there than here. The guy put it up on the hoist, and called the other guys over to show them the rust underneath my car. They had never seen anything like it down there. You guys that live in the warm climates are so fortunate.

Back