Oil question

How many miles and what has been your oil of choice? Like I have said before...Perhaps I am just lucky but no noticeable consumption on the Mazda moly on changes between 4-7k miles

For reference on oil consumption (2016.5 CX5 15,000 miles), I'm getting about 5000 miles per quart. Maybe a little more.

Luck of the draw as all of my new cars used some oil. Even my Acura TL (4,500 per quart). Disclaimer - I'm also the guy that gets jury duty notice every 2 years.

Dealer changes at every 5000 miles, now at 15,000 miles. After factory fill it was Idametsu (sp?). The oil did smell of gas for the first few thousand miles but that went away.

How certain are you they were putting that oil in? IIRC...Some dealers use just bulk Castrol 0W-20

EDiT: really low mileage on a 16.5

Oh okay. You are nearing 100K. The more milage the more likely a car will use more oil.

I just got rid of my 1990 Volvo turbo (right after that deer suicided on it, so off to the junkyard it went). Daggone thing had nearly 200,000 on it, and I was looking forward to adding another 100,000. It didn't burn a single drop of oil.

But I've had some real oil burners in my day (flathead 6 engines were the worse).

I just got rid of my 1990 Volvo turbo (right after that deer suicided on it, so off to the junkyard it went). Daggone thing had nearly 200,000 on it, and I was looking forward to adding another 100,000. It didn't burn a single drop of oil.

But I've had some real oil burners in my day (flathead 6 engines were the worse).

My 1995 LT1 with 170k didnt burn a notable amount. My 2001 ws.6 with 149k would burn about 1/3 quart every 5k miles using 0-30 German Castrol, but 1 quart every 2500mi using 5-30 M1 EP. Did it since 60k miles when I got it. Some vehicles are picky.

Back