Oil Catch Can Kit for 2016+ SkyActiv Turbo 2.5L

When you think of a performance aftermarket component you typically think of a part that increases the vehicles power, but some performance parts dont. Instead they have a more critical purpose, increasing the reliability of your performance engine and components.  The CorkSport Oil Catch Can Kit (OCC Kit) is just that type of component(s).  Why … Continue reading "Oil Catch Can Kit for 2016+ SkyActiv Turbo 2.5L"

Please click here for the full article and if you wish, you can post your comments in this thread. Thank you!

Why only the turbo version? Simply a matter of ease of interconnection into the vehicles PCV system? Non-Turbos are GDI and the same theories apply...
Nice looking product btw.

Does @CorkSport or anyone know if this will affect the factory warranty? I'd like to install one on my 2021 GT-R (turbo). But concerned Mazda could void my engine warranty for other issues.

Does @CorkSport or anyone know if this will affect the factory warranty? I'd like to install one on my 2021 GT-R (turbo). But concerned Mazda could void my engine warranty for other issues.

You can still install it and then just remove it before you go in for any warranty/recall work, or if you go to the dealer for an oil change. But to answer your question, yes it would affect your factory warranty, especially if you install it the way CorkSport does in their instructions. They instruct you to remove two hose clamps that are not designed to be removed, so even if you were to return to stock, those clamps would be missing. It's a small detail, but it's something that could come back to haunt you.

The clamps I'm referring to are for the "Valve Cover Hose", found in step 15 in these instructions.

I wonder if it would be possible to just splice in the two CorkSport hoses in the middle of the valve cover hose such that the original hose clamps aren't removed? The visibly there would be no obvious clamp removal? I guess there would be two visible new clamps on that hose where the splice is so maybe that doesn't solve anything.

Back