Normal CX-5 engine noise? Just noticed yesterday

:
2019 Cx-5 sport
Hey all, 2019 CX-5 sport with 2,300 miles on it, bought brand new 2 years ago.

Just noticed this ticking noise while driving through parking lot, and thought,
is that my CX-5 making that noise? Got home, checked yesterday and today and
the noise is still there. I don't remember this noise when I bought the vehicle, a loud ticking and rattling sound.

Will be taking it to local dealer Monday, but I've taken it for other noises over the past couple of years and both lead mechanics that I've talked to say 'they all do that' and maybe I just never noticed this noise before..?

Thanks for any info.
Joe

Attachments

• PXL_20210327_151400642.mp4
    14.7 MB · Views: 0
Solution
Ok, update, went back to dealer, talked to sales lady that sold me the cx5...Told her about the ticking noise and was wondering if she'd let me listen to a new cx5 with hood up. She said no problem. She started up a 2021 sport and I had mine a few feet away...My cx5 was warmed up, the 2021 sport was a cold start.

We both thought my cx5 was a little louder, but the new 2021 ticking was coming from the same area as mine. So, guess, it's just the noisy fuel injectors like several mentioned above.

Thanks for all the help and information.
:
Pueblo county CO
:
CX-5 Sport 16.5 6M
yrwei52 .. is that pressure treated wood ? or just regular pine...

I was thinking about buying a set of ramps from amazon for $40..
for next time need to change oil...
but those wood ramps look good and 1/3 the price... ( just a bit of labor )
I have some of those plastic ramps and while I like the amount of clearance I think the 2x10s might work and might be easier to drive up.

I hate it when one ramp scoots but the other side makes it up the incline.

Upvote 0

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
I have some of those plastic ramps and while I like the amount of clearance I think the 2x10s might work and might be easier to drive up.

I hate it when one ramp scoots but the other side makes it up the incline.
And many years ago a friend of mine used a pair of cheap but USA made K-Mart metal ramps to change the oil for his big old American GM 350 V8. Unfortunately the ramps just collapsed in front of me once the the car was driven onto the ramps! Since then I have trouble to trust those ramps, metal or plastic.

Upvote 0
:
2019 Cx-5 sport
Ok, update, went back to dealer, talked to sales lady that sold me the cx5...Told her about the ticking noise and was wondering if she'd let me listen to a new cx5 with hood up. She said no problem. She started up a 2021 sport and I had mine a few feet away...My cx5 was warmed up, the 2021 sport was a cold start.

We both thought my cx5 was a little louder, but the new 2021 ticking was coming from the same area as mine. So, guess, it's just the noisy fuel injectors like several mentioned above.

Upvote 0
Solution

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA

And thanks for the update.

Upvote 0