No Beep When Lights Left On

:
2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring FWD . 2014 CX-5 GT FWD
I have a Touring without the automatic lights. When exiting the vehicle at any time (key in or out) with the lights on, I get no warning beep as it states I should in the manual.

While in the dealership yesterday to pick up the lame cargo cover I had to take as it was equipment listed on the sticker, but not actually in the car, I had my salesman try this in a GT and got the same result. Without a trip to service, I am not sure if this is an individual flaw with my vehicle or a general problem. As it's mainly a nit, I don't think it alone is worth a trip to service.

Any non-auto lights owners out there ever get a lights-on warning noise??

(I know there is an issue with the warning noise for automatic lights owners)

I have a Touring and have noticed the same thing. I would have thought that if you do not have auto off lights, you should get a beep warning. hopefully it's a setting which can be corrected.

Well good for you on the lack of beep. I say that as I have a 2007 GT and when the lights are in auto and I get out, the damn beeper wil not shut off. It kinda annoys me as it is in auto, therefore it will turn off automatically. The vehicle should be designed not to sound it the switch is in auto.

I have the auto-headlights feature, and its works very well, u exit the car with the lights on, and no beeps, just in few seconds they turn off. Nice. (kiss)

I have the auto-headlights feature, and its works very well, u exit the car with the lights on, and no beeps, just in few seconds they turn off. Nice. (kiss)

Same here............I have an 08 GT and when the lights are in auto mode no beep.

It sounds like they got the message from all the annoyed 2007 owners and fixed the beep with the auto headlights. :)

Unfortunately, it also sounds like they went overboard and got rid of it for the manual lights as well! :(

Has anyone called Mazda's customer support phone number and asked them about it?

Back