!!!! New Protege !!!!!

Are you going to try to trade in your MP3 for the new one?

• YES, More HP baby!!

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No, I\'ll never Trade My MP3

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters
A

AustinG

2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protg

General
Vehicle Type: 4-door sedan
Driven Wheels: FWD
Pass. Capacity: 5
Price Range: Est. $20,000
Assy. Point: Japan
Engine
Layout: Transverse mounted front engine
Configuration: I
Cylinders: 4
Displacement (cc): 2000
Bhp@RPM: 170
Valve Gear: DOHC 16V
Boost: Intercooled turbo (Garrett T25)
Fuel System: multiport
Transmission
Type: Manual
# Gears (excl Rev): 5
Limited Slip: Std
Suspension
Type - Front: MacPherson strut/lower arm
Type - Rear: Double A-arm
Fr. Susp. Links: anti-roll bar
Fr. Damper: MacPherson Strut
Fr. Springs: Coil
R. Susp. Links: anti-roll bar
Rr. Damper: Twin-tube shock
Rr. Springs: Coil Wheels/Tires
Speed Rating: Z
Tire Brand/Mod: Bridgestone Potenza RE040
Tire Size F/R: 215/45ZR17
Whl. Size (in.)/Type F/R: 17 x 7 Alloy
Brakes
Type - Front: Vented Disc
Type - Rear: Disc
Power Assist: Vacuum assist
ABS: Opt
Stability Control: N/A
Traction Control: N/A
Pass. Restraints
Airbags: Dual airbags
Seatbelts: 5

http://www.velocityjrnl.com/jrnl/2003/v2kmdl6480ovw.html

It's not worth going upside down on my loan for a turbo...Although, I do have gap insuarance...

Hmmmm.

would gap cover the difference in a trade in, because i thought gap insurance was to fill the "gap" in case of a total lose on the vehicle...?

derrick1623 said:
would gap cover the difference in a trade in, because i thought gap insurance was to fill the "gap" in case of a total lose on the vehicle...?

I don't know...That's why I am wondering, hmmmm. I don't think it would cover it on the trade, but I never really did read the terms of the agreement.

Gap will not cover the difference in trade in. Gap is used when your car is written off. So go find a canal or lake somewhere and................................... Nevermind.

redwagon02 said:
Gap will not cover the difference in trade in. Gap is used when your car is written off. So go find a canal or lake somewhere and................................... Nevermind.

Darn the luck!!

I like my mp3 way better I like the color and its the orignal I would much rather get the tri point turbo system and maby update fit a few from mazdaspeed and spank the pants off a ms pro.
factory turbos are boring!

and here i must concur with promp3. Factory turbos (with of course the exception of porche and the like) are blah on most cars, just another selling tool. DONT FLAME ME FOR THAT!
I know, I probably deserve it. But for just over 20K I can get a new p5 and slap my own turbo in it for 200hp.
Granted, you're getting a lot of other upgrades, but I never feel that manufacturers put all they could into a turbo.
With the exception of Saab. Damn, my mom bought a 9(5) turbo wagon, that thing eats road!!!!!!

Dont kill me, I'm just agreeing with promp3 that factory turbos rarely outpace A.M. setups.
:) :D :p ;) :cool:

(God, I know I'm going to get slayed for this post, lol)

While holding my tongue, factory turbos 'suck' (I assume you mean don't push as much boost) because they have to carry a factory warranty. Not too many manufacturers are willing to shove 12-16 PSI down the throat of an engine with a warranty on it.

And not to flame you, or even doubt you, but there are countless factory turbo cars that far from suck (Skyline GT-R, Subaru WRX STi, Lancer Evo's, RX-7 (In japan the reliability issues were solved a long time ago)). I may be crazy, but none of these cars suck, and all, in factory turbo spec, will eat your turbo'd MP3 for lunch.

And yes, it is entirely possible to boost those cars beyond what they get from the factory, but then they don't have warranties anymore.

For what you pay for it, the MSP is a pretty good, not too shabby sort of a deal.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers!

Bryan

The 87 Buick Grand National GNX had a very very powerful and large turbo system that was very high quality as well.

Mmm....GNX....drool

Ok fine! That perticular turbo setup on the masdaspeed protege does not look as good(more like as orgasmic)as the tri point turbo kit does, OK!
this site is full of f@#%ing cridics!:mad: :) (piss) hehe funny monkey
ps:I trust tri point alot and if they pick aerodine than that must be a good product. Im pretty sure they know what there doing.

Last edited:
Back