New member, just saying hi

Hi all new member here with a 2019 CX5 GTR and a 2004 MSM (Yes love my Mazda turbos).

Searching for info about stuff to do/add to my CX5 normally always ended up landing here so figured between that and being at home was a good time to create an account and say Hi.

Welcome, zman. I, too, own a 2019 GTR. My first Mazda...wish I had discovered the brand before.

Have you seen this series of comments on the Corksport Short Ram Intake for your GTR? Discussed here as well. It's made my short-list.

Glad you joined. See you around...

Hi thank you. I actually have their SRI along with the Racing Beat Power Pulse exhaust. I think the sound notes both make really complement each other. Also have various other trim bits here and there inside and out along with the sequential DRL/turn signal lights (love the look of those). Also recently finally replaced the Toyo's (was not a fan at all) for a set of 255/50 Yokohamas which to me seem much better.

Next on my list I think is the JDM spec rear head rests that I have also seen a few threads here to in my searching.

Also is your profile pic of a Sprite? If so it was due to a Sprite that allowed for me to have my MSM as the Sprite was my father's high school back in 66 or 67 I think it was. The MSM was his dream car to remember the fun he had with his Sprite. After it was too hard for him to get in and out of the MSM was passed down to me. My kids already know I will be buried in the MSM :)

Yeh, it was a '59 Bugeye Sprite.

I bought it in '73 or '74. Came with a factory hardtop but no rag top.

Cost of car: $500
1st JC Whitney Order: $600

I got a drive train out of a later model Midget and upgraded to the 1098CC engine. Also replaced the front end with disc brakes.

I drove that car from Richmond VA to Woodbridge NJ (and back) on I-95 when it would fully wind out at 58MPH and everyone was flying past me doing 80-90. It was a constant blur of door handles at eye-level.

I put it up on blocks in the mid 80s as a "someday project," and a young couple saw it in my back yard, knocked on my door and begged me to sell it to them. I passed it on to their loving hands rather than have it rot into a pile of rust waiting for me to never get to it.

I was married for a while, my wife had a '61 MKII Sprite. That was the standard body style, still with side curtains and still no external door handle.

Good times.

Welcome aboard. 2019 Signature. Had a 1960 MGA. Too easy to open the doors. Raise a flap on the removable side window and pull a cord. One night someone opened the doors and stole the seat cushions which were removable by just lifting them. I bought it in 1964 for $1,100 as a
replacement for a 1963 Ford with a 427 cu engine with 2X4 barrels. Quite a switch.

Welcome. Hardrace (hardrace global), Ultra Racing (ultraracing.my), www.japanparts.com, in addition to multiple coilvover vendors also have mods too.

Here is my CX5 and MSM
20200314_130000.jpg
20200314_130009.jpg
20200417_104022.jpg
20200417_104036.jpg

Hi thank you. I actually have their SRI along with the Racing Beat Power Pulse exhaust. I think the sound notes both make really complement each other. Also have various other trim bits here and there inside and out along with the sequential DRL/turn signal lights (love the look of those). Also recently finally replaced the Toyo's (was not a fan at all) for a set of 255/50 Yokohamas which to me seem much better.

Next on my list I think is the JDM spec rear head rests that I have also seen a few threads here to in my searching.

Also is your profile pic of a Sprite? If so it was due to a Sprite that allowed for me to have my MSM as the Sprite was my father's high school back in 66 or 67 I think it was. The MSM was his dream car to remember the fun he had with his Sprite. After it was too hard for him to get in and out of the MSM was passed down to me. My kids already know I will be buried in the MSM :)
Welcome!

I also have a 19 GT-R

How loud is the exhaust inside of the car? I’ve had my eye on the corksport. Without in car videos I’m hesitant. I also think corksport should have a vid comparing stock to theirs from behind the car pulling away.

It’s my family hauler, so I’m not trying to draw attention. Just want some more tone and nicer tips.

Want to start with if you were to open the exhaust by removing the stock muffler I think you might be surprised how much the turbo, along with the cat and resonators, dampen the exhaust already compared to the NA 2.5.

Can't speak to the CS but the RB on a GTR or Signature CX5 (again want to call out with the turbo being part of all this) is not what you are looking for if you want loud and racy. That is by no means any type of knock against the RB exhaust. For sound difference between stock and the RB, I have to say I think this is how Mazda should have shipped it. To me it seems to have more of a luxury engine purr to it. At wide open neither the upfront engine sound or the out back exhaust sound is over powering each other, they complement each other.

Now, IMO, without question if you want what Mazda should have also shipped the CX5 with from a point of properly filling out the exhaust cutouts in the lower valance with proper tips then yes do it. RB, and I would say the CS too, as I think both went with right close to the same diameter tips look perfect back there.

The RB is exactly what I was looking for in sound and looks.

I actually did start it without the muffler when I installed my hitch. The turbo definitely quiets things down.

It was a cold start and still wasn’t bad. I should have taken it for a ride to hear it under a load.

The Dynamic Pressure Turbo is definitely a unique design. I would never have thought about its effect on sound at the tailpipe.

Searching for info about stuff to do/add to my CX5 normally always ended up landing here so figured between that and being at home was a good time to create an account and say Hi.
Happy you did...Welcome and thanks for joining the Community! Sweet MSM you've got there...Feel free to post about it in our Miata Forum and have you seen this thread? :)

Want to start with if you were to open the exhaust by removing the stock muffler I think you might be surprised how much the turbo, along with the cat and resonators, dampen the exhaust already compared to the NA 2.5.

Can't speak to the CS but the RB on a GTR or Signature CX5 (again want to call out with the turbo being part of all this) is not what you are looking for if you want loud and racy. That is by no means any type of knock against the RB exhaust. For sound difference between stock and the RB, I have to say I think this is how Mazda should have shipped it. To me it seems to have more of a luxury engine purr to it. At wide open neither the upfront engine sound or the out back exhaust sound is over powering each other, they complement each other.

Now, IMO, without question if you want what Mazda should have also shipped the CX5 with from a point of properly filling out the exhaust cutouts in the lower valance with proper tips then yes do it. RB, and I would say the CS too, as I think both went with right close to the same diameter tips look perfect back there.

The RB is exactly what I was looking for in sound and looks.
Nice! Any chance you could record a video?

I like that the RB is an actual muffler vs the CS with 2 resonators. I don’t want anything too loud. I’m also not sure the CS would fit with the drawtite hitch. RB notes that theirs works with a factory hitch.

I do prefer the CS tips though.

Sure I do have a before and after audio clips of startup and little taps on the gas. Let me figure out how to share them as I have them compress to mp3 to help with file size and does not look like can attach them.

What do most people on here do for sharing audio files? I am very likely overlooking the instructions on posting audio/video stuff.

What do most people on here do for sharing audio files? I am very likely overlooking the instructions on posting audio/video stuff.

There is an attach files button located on the bottom of the reply window. I’m not sure if it supports video and audio files though.

Back