New Member - 2020 Reserve

:
2020 CX-5 GTR
Hey All,

Introducing myself - I'm Mike and live in Chicago. Just picked up a new GT Reserve a few weeks back and have enjoyed it so far. Traded in the wife's 2010 Mazda3...with loyalty cash and trade in, dealer gave us $5K on a 10 year old car with 72K miles. Was planning on getting an Acura RDX but with dealer incentives and additional negotiation all done over the phone and via email, the CX-5 was a much better deal and couldn't be happier with the decision.

Here's the old car - 2010 5spd on Koni yellows, Eibach Prokit and 18" Mazadaspeed wheels:
mazda3.jpg

Definitely miss the manual but our German Shepherd definitely loving the room in the new ride:
cx5.jpg

Before downsizing to a one-car household, my prior car was a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (trouble-free from 3 miles to 120K miles), and before that an Audi TT Quattro 6MT (what a nightmare). Looking forward to learning more about the car here and contributing wherever I can - so far, I've ordered roof rails that I'll install myself and researching crossbars. Will likely bolt on some breathing mods to open up the engine a bit.

Welcome to the club. I've had my 2019 GT-R for about 6 months now, although not much driving in the last 6 weeks. It's a great vehicle, enjoy!

Congratulations on the new GTR! What part of Chicago are you in? (I'm in Orland Park).

thanks for the welcomes!

@jj70 i'm in the city in Old Town - i was formerly active on the JDMChicago forum back in the day, not sure if you were on there.

I almost wish I had a winter to enjoy my AWD. But alas, we get to 67 degree average temps in Dec/Jan. Poor me.

Back