New Mazda Miata Coupe

Bruns

:
Mazda Axela 4WD GT (Lexie)
Looks like this might become a reality soon.

And there will likely be an MPS version with 180bhp.

3dc7147280c68f80122a7e20acc7571d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of all, great onsite post! (thumb)

Were you at a book store? I was at one yesterday looking to see if they had any new Mazda specific specialty mags...As for the news, great news! A hardtop hardcore ND Miata would be very cool. I saw a dark blue ND in a parking lot the other day and it was quite attractive in that color.

Well, we now have a hardtop, a retractable hardtop that is...It's called the MX-5 Miata RF!

Here's a quick snap of it...

965a115d4d9e9605051d52d37a8f9c15.jpg

There doesn't appear to be any changes under the hood though...Looks fantastic but that whole retractable roof setup has got to add a few pounds to the Miata. I wonder if it also changes handling dynamics and weight distribution.

I'd like to see a hardcore version with a permanent roof and the Mazdaspeed treatment. :D

Well, we now have a hardtop, a retractable hardtop that is...It's called the MX-5 Miata RF!

Here's a quick snap of it...

965a115d4d9e9605051d52d37a8f9c15.jpg

There doesn't appear to be any changes under the hood though...Looks fantastic but that whole retractable roof setup has got to add a few pounds to the Miata. I wonder if it also changes handling dynamics and weight distribution.

I'd like to see a hardcore version with a permanent roof and the Mazdaspeed treatment. :D

Seen a few writeups on that one today..
Word is that Mazda has retuned the suspension to compensate for the extra weight.. So it should still handle like a Miata.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Apparently it only adds and extra 80 pounds...

First of all, great onsite post! (thumb)

Were you at a book store? I was at one yesterday looking to see if they had any new Mazda specific specialty mags...As for the news, great news! A hardtop hardcore ND Miata would be very cool. I saw a dark blue ND in a parking lot the other day and it was quite attractive in that color.

Yes, I was at Tsutaya. It was a luxury car magazine I think.
I will definitely be going to Sapporo to check the new baby out.

BUT, my heart is still waiting for an AxelaMPS with the SkyActive Turbo... If it comes out next year I will trade in my current Axela.

Back