New infotainment system 2021 Mazda CX-5

:
mazda 6
Hi Everyone,

Maybe good news from Japan:

According to a Japanese blog mazda will introduce a new infotainment system of 10.25" for the 2021 Mazda CX-5 for the most expensive versions can be signature and gt reserve. The rest will keep the old infotainment system.
Wait and see.

Hi Everyone
Maybe good new from Japan:

According to a Japanese blog mazda will introduce a new infotainment system of 10.25" for the 2021Mazda cx5 for the most expensive versions can be signature and gt reserve. The rest will keep the old infotainment system.
Wait and see.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200724_091741_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200724_091741_com.android.chrome.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 760
Should be on all trims of CX5. Even the CX30 gets the newer version of Mazda Connect on ALL trims.

For those GTR and Sig buyers it certainly helps put those trims well beyond the GT/Touring/Sport.

I'm not too concerned over the size of the screen...it's the operating system that makes the big difference. Hopefully this new screen has the newest Mazda Connect system that is in the 3 and the CX30.

I wonder if it can be backwards compatible, similar to Ford. Myself and many others purchased the APU/CMU for Sync 3 and programmed it to work with our older Sync 2 equipped vehicles. Was a fantastic upgrade!

I don't care for Mazda's newest system because they removed the touch capability. It's a little faster and the graphics looks nicer, but it really doesn't have any added functionality.

Could this be the new one from cooperating with Toyota? There was a news on that a while back.

I'm in process of looking for a CX-5 and not in a rush. I had read of some annoyances with the current 2020 Infotainment. Wondering now if waiting for the '21 may be worthwhile to get the updated version. Odd that they removed touch functionality though.

I'm in process of looking for a CX-5 and not in a rush. I had read of some annoyances with the current 2020 Infotainment. Wondering now if waiting for the '21 may be worthwhile to get the updated version. Odd that they removed touch functionality though.

You could only do so anyway when stopped. I can't help but think they're trying to circumvent the AIO Tweaks that allow you to enable it. I don't know what version of f/w is running on this new system but they've been trying their best to keep AIO Tweaks off their infotainment system for a while now. I, like many others, find the command knob easier to use and I don't have to look at the screen as much or lean forward which, for me, is more distracting.

I like the look of the new system coming in the pickup and especially that's it AA WiFi which makes it easier to use on the fly. I get annoyed by using cabled when getting in and out of the car. No doubt handy if you need to top off the battery.

I rarely, if ever, touch my screen.
The Commander knobwheel rocks!

I don't mind and even prefer the rotary knob for many tasks, but the CarPlay experience is less than ideal with either the rotary knob in my Mazdas or the 1:1 touch pad in my RDX.

The wider, landscape format screens make a big difference IMO. I test drove a Kia Telluride with that same 10” wide screen that it looks like the 2021 Mazdas are getting and the maps on Carplay are soooo much easier to read.

I cannot believe they aren't putting these on every model. Why the hell would you want to support 2? This makes no sense.

I cannot believe they aren't putting these on every model. Why the hell would you want to support 2? This makes no sense.

I can't find the exact article I normally reference.. but this one hints at it:

A manufacture will put low cost features on a vehicle to get consumer to step "up" in spending. Oh entry level is $1.00; but if I spend $1.30 I get a larger screen + leather seats. It is the same reason why they offer trim levels. They want a product that fits every pocket book, and even a product that is just out of reach for the pocket book but the consumer will make the reach for the features. Consumers rarely purchased based 100% on budget. They make a purchase because it is exciting.

The cost of supporting 2 models, is a wash.. the older smaller one is well established - they know how it behaves. The new larger screen, may have minor UI updates and perhaps some hardware changes - but it will also act predictably - there will be no extra effort to support . The extra part numbers will be absorbed in "the cost of doing business" and don't worry Mazda won't lose any money on offering two infotainment options.

Infotainment systems are an inconsistent mess at best from virtually all manufacturers. I'm new to Mazda, but I'm pretty intimate with Honda. Honda is currently running at least four generations of infotainment hardware. The Odyssey, Pilot, and Passport are running the newest followed by the Accord. The Civic runs an older version. The HR-V and Fit run the oldest version. Even within the same generation, there are hardware differences between trim levels and software differences between models.

Manufacturers have to strike a balance between meeting customer demands and expectations and minimizing exposure to liability. The hardware and software used for infotainment systems can affect the operation of required safety equipment (i.e., tire pressure monitoring systems, reverse cameras, etc.). Automakers are reluctant to make changes because they may inadvertently break a reverse camera function while correcting a misspelled word.

Your second paragraph makes no sense to me. The Mazda 3 has the same infotainment across the range. It would make far more sense to only support one. Your reasoning doesn't hold up here when I think the real reason they do it, honestly... is to sell the more expensive cars. Period. Not tech incompatibility between base models and high end trims.
It's bs is what it is. :D

Back