New Infotainment Message?

:
2019 Mazda CX-5 GTR
So while driving yesterday a pop-up message shows on my infotainment screen:

Transfer memory almost full.

Any ideas what that is all about? 2019 GTR

The system syncs your contacts from your cell phone. If you have a phone setup to the Bluetooth it may be you have a lot of contact info so it's displaying that message.

Never saw that one before.
How many contacts do you have in your phone? If you don't mind sharing with us....

I've got over 200 contacts and have yet to see that message.

Be interesting to know what the limit is. I would think that the storage-per-contact requirement between each of us can't be that large.

popcorn.gif
...all sounds bad. You have a warranty, so take it back. Modern automotive tech...severe lack of exception handling inherent in the implementation. An incredibly lax "that'll never happen" attitude in the design process. The more programmable 'parts' there are, the more of this 'stuff' we're going to experience, it's that simple.

popcorn.gif
...all sounds bad. You have a warranty, so take it back. Modern automotive tech...severe lack of exception handling inherent in the implementation. An incredibly lax "that'll never happen" attitude in the design process. The more programmable 'parts' there are, the more of this 'stuff' we're going to experience, it's that simple.

What stinks is that memory is cheap. It's as close to a free performance enhancer/guarantee as you can get.

The flip side is the low cost of storage introduces its own lax design standards.

Well I didn't mean to cause a commotion over this message. I just saw it the one time and was wondering what it might be. No need to break out the popcorn............

No worries...just one of many thousands of unexplained "why'd it do that" threads related directly to the over use of unreliable tech the public wants/needs/can't live without in a transportation appliance (a lousy car).

For instance, why, today didn't my nifty auto headlights' high-beams function 'automatically' this morning until I was out of the hills and deer country this morning at o-dark thirty? Attempting to embrace that which I could care less about and all. Switch to good old fashioned manual mode then aye? (how long until some genious decides I don't need to be able to do that anymore?) 10 minutes later, and out of deer country when I no longer needed them, gave auto another whirl...voila! they just popped right on high. Whatever...waste of money in a car. And before the obvious gets stated, windshield was completely clear, dry and fog-free, today. Yesterday, they worked flawlessly when there was actually a bit of ice/frost out on the windshield up there where the camera peers out. If camera itself wasn't 'clear' today, well then as I say...low-budget unreliable automation and/or another subject of the three Ps. But why start a thread about such non-sense, right?

Sole reason for the popcorn. Nothing personal...carry on....

Back