New CX-9 Touring 2019 - Interior noises - Please Help

any chance we can get some pictures, as mentioned i was able to lift the whole thing however i am sure that i had to do something more that i was missing as the actual gear stick was not allowing to have it removed.

Yes. Posting them here won’t work but i sent you a private message.Will probably have them on Drop box or something.

Hey mate - i have send you mail as you were right about the docs size.

I will advise how things are goin,

Many thanks

009221E6-1F94-41A8-A34E-FADE41E8A648.jpeg
Fixed my buzzing noise. Metal mounted above speedo. Screws were just a bit loose and the metal plate was buzzing when driving or thumping the dash. See photo. Had to remove dash to get at it. I hope this helps someone. Have not seen this solution posted anywhere.

Our 2022 is creaking inside. Sounds like a majority of it is coming from center console and dash. Its new, hopefully the interior parts loosen a bit, but yea its very creaky, noresos than most other newer vehicles we've owned.

same thing happened to me and I tried lubing the dash as well as re-torque the cowling. None of it helped. So I re-torqued the strut towers and it's all fixed!!!

The noise is abnormal for sure, but in the Speed Test grand scheme of things, it isn't the end of the world, and certainly not something to ditch the CX-9 over.

Last edited:
2018 CX9

The rattling noise on my CX9 was narrowed down to the passenger side airbag module. There is a plastic skirt around the airbag module. My fix was to push some foam in-between the skirt and the airbag unit. The Problem has been fixed after annoying me for 4 years.

2018 CX9

The rattling noise on my CX9 was narrowed down to the passenger side airbag module. There is a plastic skirt around the airbag module. My fix was to push some foam in-between the skirt and the airbag unit. The Problem has been fixed after annoying me for 4 years.
Well done.

2018 CX9

What did you have to take apart to do this? A squeak is driving me crazy.

This thread is pretty long and I've review all the TSB I see. But those are not interior. My squeak (not rattle) sounds like it's inside on the passenger side. Now wondering if it could actually be exterior.

I like the stethoscope idea...

Back