New CX-9 Signature, ambient lighting issue

Hello all, just picked up my CX-9 signature, noticed the ambient lighting around shift knob console is not lighting up? Anyone have this issue? Called dealer they had no idea and said to bring it in to check, hate to have the console taken apart as the mazda is new, aprreciate any tips.

Hmmm. Are you sure there is supposed to be some there? My Signature is brand new too, so I’m not positive... but I think all I have is the overhead mini light that casts a faint glow down to the shifter and cupholders.

Hmmm. Are you sure there is supposed to be some there? My Signature is brand new too, so I’m not positive... but I think all I have is the overhead mini light that casts a faint glow down to the shifter and cupholders.

Yes only on signature, has the ambient lighting under the rosewood where shift knob console is.

Looking to do few mods to it hopefully, purchased vossen wheels wheels on sale 22x10.5 with 42 offset, worried they might not fit right.

Does the owner's encyclopedia have instructions for adjusting the level of that lighting? I know my GT has instructions for adjusting the overhead ambient light.

Does the owner's encyclopedia have instructions for adjusting the level of that lighting? I know my GT has instructions for adjusting the overhead ambient light.
Yes it does low medium and high, but does not affect ambient on console to turn on.

I just went and checked in my dark garage. I don’t have any ambient light around the console. I just have the small light above that shines down to provide light on the console and cup holders, and of course the ambient light on all 4 interior door handles.

I did finally verify the really cool grill lighting too. Dig it.

I just went and checked in my dark garage. I don’t have any ambient light around the console. I just have the small light above that shines down to provide light on the console and cup holders, and of course the ambient light on all 4 interior door handles.

I did finally verify the really cool grill lighting too. Dig it.

Interesting that your console doesn't light up either, unless they did away with it. Got to do some searching see what I find..

heres a photo of my ambient lighting

Attachments

• IMG_20191223_220834.jpg
    IMG_20191223_220834.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 262
Interesting that your console doesn't light up either, unless they did away with it. Got to do some searching see what I find..
Looks like they deleted that feature for 2021 MY Signature in the USA but still available in Canada...check out the differences based on their brochures/spec sheet: first one is the US version and next is the Cda version
4C7EC5ED-EDE5-4168-A533-B57E8E9210D9.png
D8916B3C-1417-4610-8846-AEE595EC1541.png
D8916B3C-1417-4610-8846-AEE595EC1541.png

Really? Thanks for the info. Had a feeling it was not available ..i guess you gain something and lose something..
I agree and manufacturers do that all the time (delete/add features). Just like the new 10.25” infotainment screen with Mazda Connect 2.0 which is new for 2021 in the US but sadly still not available here in Canada. We seem to be always behind in getting newer tech compared to other markets but I also understand since Cda is a smaller market in the grand scheme of things

I guess we’re out of luck @SLCX9 . But if you’re interested, there are lots of aftermarket options with USB LEDs. I’ve placed a few of these around in other cars and they work great for lighting up dark areas. Use red to preserve night vision.
A4BC21E8-005E-4B61-BF97-C875B7C69541.jpeg

Yes seems that way, would be nice to have it.
Yes seems that way lol, good thing I didn't waste time driving to the dealership for nothing, they were gonna check it out..Guess they're not sure it was not equipped.

A lot of the time, the salespeople and service advisors simply aren't aware of the "smaller" MY changes that might be made to a vehicle. That's why I'm glad forums with helpful communities like these exist. :)

Back