New CX-5 GT. Install Amazon NAV SD card concerns ("Page Cannot Be Found")

You should be able to copy one before it gets mated to your car. No one has tried it yet, that I know of. *HINT*
To create a backup, I tried it using a windows diskcopy. It did not work.

Apparently the license file didn’t come along for the copy. Looked at both SD cards showing hidden files and they were identical. Must be deeply hidden lol.

Anybody try updating one of those Amazon/Ebay sd cards?
I tried over the weekend and got the msg. it was involved in fradulent activity and wouldn't
update. Continues to work though.

Apparently the license file didn’t come along for the copy. Looked at both SD cards showing hidden files and they were identical. Must be deeply hidden lol.
So before you inserted into the car you tried unsuccessfully to copy ALL files it seems?

Waste of time cloning cards, when the first of the cloned cards is locked on a VIN, the other copies become useless.

We are talking about how to copy a card and save someone else $50? Less of course the cost of an sd card, and postage? Because you have to already have bought a card to have one to copy. No practical reason to do this, unless I'm missing something.

So before you inserted into the car you tried unsuccessfully to copy ALL files it seems?
Before going 63 miles(?), I did a diskcopy, which should create an exact dup of the original card, except it didn’t copy the unlocked license file (not yet locked to the vehicle).

Waste of time cloning cards, when the first of the cloned cards is locked on a VIN, the other copies become useless.
Except I did it before it locked. Just wanted a backup in case of media failure.

Anybody try updating one of those Amazon/Ebay sd cards?
I tried over the weekend and got the msg. it was involved in fradulent activity and wouldn't
update. Continues to work though.
I bought an Amazon card. The first one that I was sent did not work, at all. The car didn't 'see' it. I told that seller and he sent me out another. It worked perfectly and I was able to update the maps to the newest version (after driving at least 63 miles with the card inserted). The Toolbox told me that I had three years of updates available and even gave me the expiration date.

I bought an Amazon card. The first one that I was sent did not work, at all. The car didn't 'see' it. I told that seller and he sent me out another. It worked perfectly and I was able to update the maps to the newest version (after driving at least 63 miles with the card inserted). The Toolbox told me that I had three years of updates available and even gave me the expiration date.
This is how they should work.

I just got one for $62.09 same seller as OP:
  • Business Name:Michael Saksonov
  • Business Address:
    Ha-Rekhavim St 13 Jerusalem, 9346212 IL

• https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

• Say will be here on Saturday so from reading the Amazon reviews: I will switch the card to unlock position, pop it into the slot in my 21 GTR with engine off then wait until screen turns on by itself it not then turn on engine and see if screen turns on by itself if not go to navigation. Then after driving for awhile (forgot if needed to be a certain speed) pop into pc and use Mazda Toolbox to see if you can update and to see if it shows your VIN with exp date of three yrs.
Crossing fingers 😂
Just updated via Mazda update toolbox for my 21 GTR and it updated from Nov 2019 to Nov 2020. It gave me the three year expiration date just as people said. Now hopefully I dont need to buy a new card every three years lol

You cannot copy the SD card before activation to another card because the card must have a certain CID (what is CID?). Even if you try to fully copy as a raw image, it's not about the files on the card, but the card CID which can be written only once on most commercial cards.

Even after activation (i.e. locked VIN), if you backup via Toolbox and restore on another card it may not work. At least that's been my experience in a 2021 CX-5. I made a backup and restored to another card, Toolbox is happy with the new card, but the car is not, I cannot get the Nav to work with the backup card.

Watch this video on this page how they make these clones in China that you find on the cheap on ebay/Amazon:

Easiest solution seems to be to spend $50-60 on one of these cards and get it over with, rather than trying to make your own clone.

I don't care much about the Nav in the car when I have Waze on Android Auto, but it's good to have it as a backup just in case.

Last edited:
You cannot copy the SD card before activation to another card because the card must have a certain CID (what is CID?). Even if you try to fully copy as a raw image, it's not about the files on the card, but the card CID which can be written only once on most commercial cards.

Even after activation (i.e. locked VIN), if you backup via Toolbox and restore on another card it may not work. At least that's been my experience in a 2021 CX-5. I made a backup and restored to another card, Toolbox is happy with the new card, but the car is not, I cannot get the Nav to work with the backup card.

Watch this video on this page how they make these clones in China that you find on the cheap on ebay/Amazon:

Easiest solution seems to be to spend $50-60 on one of these cards and get it over with, rather than trying to make your own clone.

I don't care much about the Nav in the car when I have Waze on Android Auto, but it's good to have it as a backup just in case.
Wow so most likely the Map Navigation cards on Amazon/Ebay are most likely clones ?

Or possibly the dealership had a bunch of old cards that have old maps and therefore had to sell them cheap.

Old Mazda cards are still genuine Mazda cards. Although these cards will come with an old version of the map software they can still be updated to the newest available version with the Toolbox. As long as the card was never put into service they are updateable.

Back