New bottles Mazda Moly 0w20 oil

:
CX5 GT
This is just for information.
It seems the 0w20 Mazda moly oil now comes in new bottles.

Tried also to get the new cabin filter
KD45-61-J6X-"9U" to see whats 'new' about it but unfortunately received the "MV" one. Which says made in china :) obviously a mistake and of course I blame Mazda NA for all that mess created with the value line items being sold in parallel with non value line oems...:)

Anyway here are pictures of the new vs old bottles.
My next used oil analysis would be sometime in Jan 2022 so we''ll see if there is also something different in the oil from the new bottles or its exactly as before (which I hope it is).
Still made by Idemitsu of course.

20210417_172806.jpg

20210417_172758.jpg

Yep, same thing happened to me with my last order of oil and stuff.

KD45-61-J6X-"9U" to see whats 'new' about it but unfortunately received the "MV" one. Which says made in china :) obviously a mistake and of course I blame Mazda NA for all that mess created with the value line items being sold in parallel with non value line oems...:)

My next used oil analysis would be sometime in Jan 2022 so we''ll see if there is also something different in the oil from the new bottles or its exactly as before (which I hope it is).

View attachment 297744

View attachment 297745
Thanks for the info. I believe the packaging on Mazda genuine ATF FZ is also changed a while ago.

I agree that Mazda North American Operations should not mess around the OEM parts line with a separate low quality “Value Products” maintenance parts. It makes people feel like “false advertisement” on Mazda’s OEM parts. And again, nobody else is doing this!

⋯ Tried also to get the new cabin filter
KD45-61-J6X-"9U"
to see whats 'new' about it but unfortunately received the "MV" one. Which says made in china :) obviously a mistake and of course I blame Mazda NA for all that mess created with the value line items being sold in parallel with non value line oems...:)
Yes I noticed that too to this new non-value-products OEM cabin filter on the other day. Please give us the update on the cabin filter when you receive the correct one. And it’d nice to give us the UOA on the Mazda moly oil with new bottle. But I’d believe the oil in new bottle is the same as the oil in old bottle, as they both are still SN / GF-5 oil.

Last edited:

View attachment 297744

View attachment 297745
Is there a production year on the new bottle? I'm waiting to see if Idemitsu makes a GF-6 version eventually. All manufacturers switched to GF6 formulations last year, so it doesn't make sense that they would keep making a GF5 formulation

Actually I have never seen a date even on the old bottles but now that you mentioned I looked very very closely.
There is a barely visible faded black on black at the lower front part /below the front sticker.
The new bottle kind of looks like - abc121520abc (where abc is not readable). I am assuming 121520 is dec 15 2020 but its hard to really tell for sure.

In reference to the MV value line cabin filter received, unfortunately it would be more costly and time consuming to exhange it so I will have to stick with it this time.

I will post a picture vs the japan KD45-61-J6X for closeup comparison but looking at it it doesnt appear much different in density except the outer ring is some cheap white plastic.

Last edited:
Back