New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just plugged 12 volt dual USB adaptor into the 12 volt to charge our phones in the car as the built in USB is useless in that regard.

🍏 🍎 Car Play

Hey fellow CX-5ers!! Whats the latest on Apple 🍎 Car Play? Is it going to be available to those of us with a 2017 CX-5? Will it work via Bluetooth or only with a USB connection? Not a fan of anything Android. Theyre really just an expensive paper weight. Pure junk. Even with an iPhone 📱 update to make it look and act like an iPhone it still is just total junk.

Last edited:
🍏 🍎 Car Play

Hey fellow CX-5’ers!! What’s the latest on Apple [emoji519] Car Play? Is it going to be available to those of us with a 2017 CX-5? Will it work via Bluetooth or only with a USB connection? Not a fan of anything Android. They’re really just an expensive paper weight. Pure junk. Even with an iPhone [emoji336] update to make it look and act like an iPhone it still is just total junk.

It sounds like this fall there will be a genuine Mazda accessory upgrade. I suspect this is an upgraded usb hub and software update. It’s not possible to mirror the phone over Bluetooth as there simply isn’t enough bandwidth. It barely manages to stream music. So it’s probably going to be USB like every other car. The one exception is BMW that has implemented wireless CarPlay which uses WiFi. You would also need Qi wireless charging as well for this so it doesn’t just kill your battery in my opinion. I believe BMW also has the wireless charging.

It sounds like this fall there will be a genuine Mazda accessory upgrade. I suspect this is an upgraded usb hub and software update. It’s not possible to mirror the phone over Bluetooth as there simply isn’t enough bandwidth. It barely manages to stream music. So it’s probably going to be USB like every other car. The one exception is BMW that has implemented wireless CarPlay which uses WiFi. You would also need Qi wireless charging as well for this so it doesn’t just kill your battery in my opinion. I believe BMW also has the wireless charging.

Wow, great information!! I love this forum, everyone is so nice and full of excellent information!!!

Concur. Android can probably just be done with a software update (since it already exists in hacked versions of the Connect), but CarPlay needs an authentication chip near the USB.

Concur. Android can probably just be done with a software update (since it already exists in hacked versions of the Connect), but CarPlay needs an authentication chip near the USB.

True, I think you would still want the upgraded power output so it can actually charge the phone. Running nav will drain faster than what the current USB ports can output.

Not a fan of anything Android. Theyre really just an expensive paper weight. Pure junk. Even with an iPhone 📱 update to make it look and act like an iPhone it still is just total junk.

Why was that even needed to be said? Why try to start the Apple v Android wars?
Pure junk? Yea, OK. Anyone who would say that loses serious points in my book for knowing ANYTHING about technology.

For the most part, we do a fantastic job keeping the Apple v Android wars out of this forum.
I think most of us would agree: let's strive to keep it that way.

giphy.gif

Don't think you'll see much of a show here, X. Kind of my point. [emoji16]

True, I think you would still want the upgraded power output so it can actually charge the phone. Running nav will drain faster than what the current USB ports can output.

We know wireless AA is coming and that mazdaconnect has wifi (off in usa market) so the timing may work out best and not need any usb power upgrade.

We know wireless AA is coming and that mazdaconnect has wifi (off in usa market) so the timing may work out best and not need any usb power upgrade.

It’s certainly possible but I would say unlikely.

On my VW I mainly only use it when I want to use nav. So plugging in isn’t that big of a deal.

Agree unlikely. Took them forever to even get AA I doubt they're going to go yet another step further.

Unless they add all this stuff to when MZD Connect 2 comes out

Would be really awesome if they upgraded us when that comes out but it probably won’t happen. On my previous Ford I really wanted them to upgrade me to Sync3 from MFT. That will likely involve a completely new infotainment hardware as well as was the case with Ford.

Would be really awesome if they upgraded us when that comes out but it probably won’t happen. On my previous Ford I really wanted them to upgrade me to Sync3 from MFT. That will likely involve a completely new infotainment hardware as well as was the case with Ford.

I am sure there will be some owners who decide to get MZD Connect 2 installed in there MZD Connect 1 vehicles :D

I know some did this with Ford to go to Sync3. It was expensive though as the whole head unit basically had to be swapped. And only worked on models like the Focus that didn’t change much otherwise between model years so the new unit just dropped in.

I know some did this with Ford to go to Sync3. It was expensive though as the whole head unit basically had to be swapped. And only worked on models like the Focus that didn’t change much otherwise between model years so the new unit just dropped in.

I suspect it might be similar for Mazda owners

Got a response from Mazda Australia Social Media Team that said Mazda Corporation is working with Google re how Android Auto can be introduced for Oz land but no further info at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back