New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You will probably still need a hardware upgrade as the USB port is the low powered kind and probably needs upgrading to be able to keep the phone from going dead whilst using AA or CarPlay.

I'm wondering if the connection will be over Bluetooth.

It’s also worth noting when Ford did this and some models needed a USB upgrade it was < $100 which is reasonable imo. If Mazda is actually charging $1000 they are insane and that’s robbery.
No need has a clue what they'll charge.

Google hasn't even officially released AA that works over BT yet. They're working on it though..
And I sincerely don't Mazda would be one of the first to support it.

No need has a clue what they'll charge.

Google hasn't even officially released AA that works over BT yet. They're working on it though..
And I sincerely don't Mazda would be one of the first to support it.

It won’t be over Bluetooth it will work over WiFi as well like CarPlay.

Most likely we will just need a usb hub upgrade and it will not be wireless.

Yea and honestly it’s going to kill your battery. So unless they also add Qi wireless charging I’m not sure that’s actually a good thing.

You will probably still need a hardware upgrade as the USB port is the low powered kind and probably needs upgrading to be able to keep the phone from going dead whilst using AA or CarPlay.

Maybe not as it might be able to use bluetooth

Meh. Don't want it connected by a cable. Prefer wire/cable free connections

Wire free is coming my point is it will have to be WiFi as bluetooth isn't capable of supporting that kind of bandwidth. However, that will also put a drain on your battery so on anything but a short trip you'll want it plugged in IMO. That is unless they also had Qi wireless charging which BMW, the only one doing wireless CarPlay, does have. I find it highly unlikely Mazda adds ALL of that. It will almost certainly be a USB hub upgrade (probably not more than $100-$200) and software. If it costs more than than they're really gouging us. I mean the Apple Car play add on for a BMW 3 series is $300..... how can Mazda charge more than BMW for the same thing?

Fair enough.

Mazda needs to get the costs right otherwise the up take won't be much

Wire free is coming my point is it will have to be WiFi as bluetooth isn't capable of supporting that kind of bandwidth. However, that will also put a drain on your battery so on anything but a short trip you'll want it plugged in IMO. That is unless they also had Qi wireless charging which BMW, the only one doing wireless CarPlay, does have. I find it highly unlikely Mazda adds ALL of that. It will almost certainly be a USB hub upgrade (probably not more than $100-$200) and software. If it costs more than than they're really gouging us. I mean the Apple Car play add on for a BMW 3 series is $300..... how can Mazda charge more than BMW for the same thing?

I think wifi hardware exists, so android auto support is trivial. Carplay is the problem child. I hope the 2 are not coupled.

Keep in mind AA actually doesn't have wireless capability yet. Only announced whereas Apple CarPlay does but only 1 auto maker has implemented it. Google announced it quite a while ago and I suspect actually getting it to work well isn't all that easy. Anyone who's tried doing screen sharing over wifi would probably know this. I really believe the main thing that needs upgrading is the power output of that USB hub. It won't even maintain charge level if you're running navigation on your phone.......

Keep in mind AA actually doesn't have wireless capability yet. Only announced whereas Apple CarPlay does but only 1 auto maker has implemented it. Google announced it quite a while ago and I suspect actually getting it to work well isn't all that easy. Anyone who's tried doing screen sharing over wifi would probably know this. I really believe the main thing that needs upgrading is the power output of that USB hub. It won't even maintain charge level if you're running navigation on your phone.......

Updating the USBs might also allow faster charging of devices like the back ports do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back