New 2021 CX-5 owner question...Navigation SD card included?

Quick question. Just bought a new 2021 Grand Touring Reserve AWD turbo. Was it supposed to come with the Navigation SD chip as part of the options? Or is it just "Nav Ready". Thanks.

Solution
NO. The Reserve doens't come with a chip. However; you can purchase one from ebay for less than $75 the last time I looked. You MUST get a chip for a 2021. Others will chime in on the one they got that works well. Ed
NO. The Reserve doens't come with a chip. However; you can purchase one from ebay for less than $75 the last time I looked. You MUST get a chip for a 2021. Others will chime in on the one they got that works well. Ed

Upvote 0
Solution
For the first model year of the GTR Mazda included the Nav SD card, then in 2020 they didn't & made it an option. Kind of a crappy way to cheap out on Mazda's part if you're paying extra for the Turbo. You need the SD card for the traffic sign recognition to work also.

Upvote 0
I just got my '21 GTR and it did not have Nav. I whined about it to a co-worker who got a GTR a couple of months ago and he told me his came with it. We looked on the web site and saw Nav as a supplied item in the build so I called my dealer who immediately apologized for the error and got me the SD card asap.
Possible a Canadian thing but seems to be the case?
Oh, side note... we get the older screen and the older SD card is the proper one for it, I did chase after the "latest SD card" only to find out we get the smaller screens in our models. Makes sense because our roads are narrower? Lol
Still loving the CX, the thing is a beast when you want to play and cheap on gas when you don't.

Upvote 0
I just got my '21 GTR and it did not have Nav. I whined about it to a co-worker who got a GTR a couple of months ago and he told me his came with it. We looked on the web site and saw Nav as a supplied item in the build so I called my dealer who immediately apologized for the error and got me the SD card asap.
Possible a Canadian thing but seems to be the case?
Oh, side note... we get the older screen and the older SD card is the proper one for it, I did chase after the "latest SD card" only to find out we get the smaller screens in our models. Makes sense because our roads are narrower? Lol
Still loving the CX, the thing is a beast when you want to play and cheap on gas when you don't.
My 21 GTR purchased in California does not say Navigation on the Window Sticker but does SirusXM on the right hand side. So just purchased a sd card from Amazon and will be here tomorrow for ~$62 and hope it works td2k-66-ez1 🧐

Attachments

• C0AC12FA-DC03-4991-AA90-E5678B7183B9.jpeg
    C0AC12FA-DC03-4991-AA90-E5678B7183B9.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
Also call SiriusXM and enable Traffic Plus and Travel Link 3-year trials. It's very unclear if these should be included, neither the dealer nor SiriusXM customer support could tell me, but point them to this page and they will eventually enable it (you'll have to send a refresh signal after)

If your new Mazda vehicle is equipped with factory navigation, you have a 3-year trial subscription to SiriusXM Traffic Plus and Travel Link. You’ll get traffic alerts, weather, and more.

I saw some list elsewhere where the CX-5 was not eligible for this trial, not sure why or whether it was just a typo.

None of this stuff is really that useful when you have Android Auto or Car Play, but it's good to have as a backup or on short trips when you can't be bothered to connect your phone or deal with the quirks of the integrations.

Upvote 0
Back