New 2018 CX5 owner with a question!

:
2018 CX5
Hello everyone. Just purchased a beautiful dark blue CX5 yesterday.

Two questions...In the manual (yes I read most of it!) it does not say specifically to use synthetic oil. Did I miss it?

Also, any issues I should be looking out for with the CX5?

Thanks in advance!

Two questions...In the manual (yes I read most of it!) it does not say specifically to use synthetic oil. Did I miss it?

Thanks in advance!

I'd use a quality synthetic 0-20.
No, no real "known issues" with these vehicles at this time.

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations!

No issues AFAIK

Great to hear. We have had ownership for 24 hrs and we are enjoying all its features and upscale feel. Best of all, no rattles!

They rattle loose. Also the black wings vibrate badly even when tight against the back glass. It sounds like a heat shield contacting the exhaust. Inhad to put furniture tabs under mine.

May I ask after how long or miles (uhm)

May I ask after how long or miles (uhm)

Spoiler loose at 75k or so? The other very noticeable at 85k+. Also I'm running stiffer tires, which may resonate a that frequency. The spoiler loose wasn't that though, it was pre nokian tires. Lost several nuts. Just vibrated loose.

Just got back from a 1500 drive (750 out, 750 back) and the ride was delightful. The reduction in road and wind noise was better than sliced bread. The only "complaint" I had was that the radar-cruise control would, as per design, maintain the gap to the car in front...slowing with the car in front...until I noticed everyone blowing past me on the highway. I noticed that I was 10 mph below my set point. The guy in front was dragging me to a stop (burnout). Passed the guy and all was fine. No rattles, no nuthin'. It was great.

Just got back from a 1500 drive (750 out, 750 back) and the ride was delightful. The reduction in road and wind noise was better than sliced bread. The only "complaint" I had was that the radar-cruise control would, as per design, maintain the gap to the car in front...slowing with the car in front...until I noticed everyone blowing past me on the highway. I noticed that I was 10 mph below my set point. The guy in front was dragging me to a stop (burnout). Passed the guy and all was fine. No rattles, no nuthin'. It was great.

I have driven on a Corolla with Radar cruise in the mountains - its a terrible system. It revs high trying to downshift in a CVT and ends up being confused, reacts very slowly. What I seen from Mazda is that their implementation of BSM, RCTA, Radar Cruise are very very good.

The CX-5 RCC is superb. It does indeed slow you down if you get behind something but that is what its designed to do. I felt I could enjoy my little road trip to Key West better by having the RCC look after things to some extent. The next one I have will have MRCC without doubt.

Back