New 2017 CX-5 Revealed

Anyone else seeing a RAV4 similarity in the 17?

Anyway, waiting impatiently for them to hit showrooms. Very close to buying a 16.5 but probably will hold out. Only so much more I will pay tho considering only sheet metal (mostly) changes. I will be working deal hard on a 16.5.

No.

Anyway, waiting impatiently for them to hit showrooms. Very close to buying a 16.5 but probably will hold out. Only so much more I will pay tho considering only sheet metal (mostly) changes. I will be working deal hard on a 16.5.

That grill is going to be tough to clean, and dry. But not as bad as the Lexus spindle grill.

A Mazda dealer in the Boston area has a few 2017s on their website. But they haven't arrived yet. No ETA listed either.

Test drive both. I got one of the best discounts on the forums and I am telling you 17 is superb money can't change that. Its upgraded a lot.
You will have less dough in your pocket but if you don't buy a car every 3 years then get 17.
Only way I would consider a 16.5 is if I can get 17% or up off the sticker. Thats base gt for 23500. Hard chance

Yea, the 17 is a lot more then just new sheet metal. If you think otherwise you're not paying attention.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

good video comparing all four competitors..... IMHO CX-5 has the best exterior (red color is damn sexy on the CX-5), CR-V has the best speedometer dash layout and interior, and Toyota is the ugliest, advantages for Nissan Rogue is 360 degree all-around bird's eye view and 7 seater option but 3rd rear seats are only for kids.....

Last edited:
on the spec sheet (Canadian version), for GT trim, it comes with "Advanced keyless entry (proximity and ignition)", anything below GT is just "Keyless entry"...Does this mean GT will have remote start on the key fob?

on the spec sheet (Canadian version), for GT trim, it comes with "Advanced keyless entry (proximity and ignition)", anything below GT is just "Keyless entry"...Does this mean GT will have remote start on the key fob?

sorry, doesn't look like it,
I don't see anything in the manual about remote starting the engine using the remote ....
only added extra button is for new the power liftgate...

https://ca.mazdacdn.com/common/en/pdf/manuals/cx-5/cx-5_2017my_8fn1ea16l_en_edition2..ts.1703011506530000.pdf

I think Mazda will offer the same thing like the new CX-9... the remote start via your smartphone app

c-mon Mazda, it's 2017, still manually folding mirrors, get with the times..... give us power folding mirrors, even cheap Kias have
them

Last edited:
thanks...then what is this "proximity and ignition" thing? how is that different from the keyless entry on lower trim?

thanks...then what is this "proximity and ignition" thing? how is that different from the keyless entry on lower trim?

I found this old thread that might shed some light, even back in 2012 there were questions between the two systems, the advanced key system has the small rubber buttons on the front door handles so you don;t need to take fob out of your pocket
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123812582-Keyless-start-what-is-the-point
Advanced Keyless Entry vs Keyless Entry
I think the GT tech package comes with the "advanced" keyless entry...the Touring Tech Package version does require you to use the fob and has no buttons on the door handles.

there is hope though, see below, it is possible to do what you want......
have to go thru a 3rd party auto shop for install though

Extreme Mobile Sounds & Extreme Motorsports
171 RT 4 West Suite B & C
Paramus NJ, 07652
www.emsautonj.com
201-843-5522

they used the OEM key fob to start the new CX-9

Last edited:
Would have been nicer if it included featuring the CX5's features if it was available to do so.

Advanced Keyless entry pretty much means you never need to take your keys out of your pocket/purse right?

Google "Comfort Access"

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

It's funny how we all respond differently to "must have" features. I could care less about power folding side mirrors; for me, the lack of a CD player in the 2017 is a huge thing though.

Advanced Keyless entry pretty much means you never need to take your keys out of your pocket/purse right?

Google "Comfort Access"

Correct. Must have for me as I just posted in the Jeep thread.

I couldn't care less about CD player. The only time I've used cd was when I used to go to the library check out cds and rip them to my on-board HDD. Ever since Spotify/AppleMusic, I don't even bother.

The mirrors are large and auto folding mirrors are a nice convenience, especially on these tight roads here in Germany.

I coded my BMW to have them fold when I lock the car. Wish this was possible with CX-5

Last edited:
I'd like it. Tough fit in my garage. Not must have though.

Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry Tutorial
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aN-ttGj2iLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hello, everybody.

Im new in the forum. I live in Costa Rica, and here cars are really expensive. Just THE importation tax is around 54% in car value. Mazda in Costa Rica go full equipment on any version, leather seats and all the technology; they dont bring the regular seats, just leather, but they offer two versions, 4X4 2.5 and 4x2 2.0.

I was thinking to buy the CX-5 2016.5, regular price here is around $41.500, but then I look the new CX-5 and I really like it, the thing is I really dont know what to do, if I should wait on new or to take a great deal they are giving me because the 2016.5 is going on sale here, and they give me a good deal, I make a reservation for $37.000, thats around 10% discount.
Looking the MSRP in the US, around and considering they dont bring the basic version (I am ok with 2.0 engine) I think it will cost around $43.000 (that's the worst scenario, it can be less) the question here is. Is the new 2017 CX-5 worth $6000 more compared to the 2016.5.
I really dont want to spend +$40.000 on a car right now, but I can do it if its worth it.

Thank you for your replys.

Back