Need help!

RALOCC

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
Hey all,

So I swapped engines and I'm getting no spark. I've done everything to test what's going on, the list of what I've done is in another post I started. I'm looking for anyone in the north Austin/Cedar Park, TX area who would be willing to meet me at my buddies place in Georgetown, TX (where my MSP is stored) to test if I need a new PCM. I have gone through a lot of trouble to narrow it down to either the wire harness or the PCM and I'm getting all the correct readings testing the wiring so I'm almost 100% sure my PCM is bad. It would help me a great deal if anyone in my area who could meet up with me with a MSP PCM that for sure works to put it my MSP to see if that is my issue.

What is the replacement engine from? A 626 perhaps? If so, swap out the cam gears between the two as the 626 uses a single pickup whereas the Protege uses three.

It was the harmonic balancer. Thank you all for you all for your help, never would have gotten as far as I have without it! Engine is running, took advantage of my buddies lift in the process and did my own custom exhaust that sounds amazing! Thanks again!

Back