2013~2016 Need help getting USB hub out

23AE5EDF-B8A7-40A6-8B9B-0863AC6C7C0E.jpeg

2016 Mazda CX-5: I have come this far in removing my trim but I am unsure where to go to finish getting the hub out, pushing it through from behind with a long screwdriver on the tabs and drilling have both proven unsuccessful and I am wondering what else can be done to try to get this stupid thing out..?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't need to disassemble the trim around the shifter, as all the required cables are between the Nav Unit and the USB hub on the 2016, only the 2019 have the hub by the arm rest so technically it's more involved on those...

I was hoping to do this on mine, just gotta try unhooking the tabs using a long screwdriver like you tried. :)

Upvote 0
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't need to disassemble the trim around the shifter, as all the required cables are between the Nav Unit and the USB hub on the 2016, only the 2019 have the hub by the arm rest so technically it's more involved on those...

I was hoping to do this on mine, just gotta try unhooking the tabs using a long screwdriver like you tried. :)
Yeah you’re absolutely right I just couldn’t get it out so my next thought was to try and go at it with a drill and try to pop the tabs, that failed and now I am trying to remove the trim and pop it out that way. If you can get it with the screwdriver more power to you I just could not get it in between the panel on either side and so I have instead worked my way down the center console trim to get to the hub

Upvote 0
Ended up drilling more holes after I realized I had missed a couple clips, that made it almost ready and then I accidentally pried off the front of the usb hub, followed it up by then yanking it with a flat head for a few as the frame was weak enough and eventually it just popped out, even with the trim pieces out it was about 25 minutes of attaching from there and all done

Upvote 0
Nice, I’ll try from the back and see if I’m successful first ...

i have to buy the parts first, trying to find a place that will ship to Canada. Dealers here want about $250 USD for the parts ...

I’ve seen some now that look like OEM but say made in China, hmmm.

Upvote 0
if you are looking for carplay android auto/Hub item,
check out mazdapartsmedcenter. They are legit dealer. May be able to ship. Also on ebay they sell it for 148 usd. Probably the same from their website. You can reach to them and confirm shipping and the right part.no for your CX5 year.

p.s Update to firmware is needed first at ver.70.0.100 or higher.

Upvote 0
Thanks!

I’ve ordered from bamwholesaleparts.com for $150 shipped,
but I’ll have to forward it from the US to Canada, if they ship :)

If not, I’ll go with ebay, it’s a good price as well.

Upvote 0
I found this company, they offer free shipping but are they legit?

I’ve seen some kits made in china instead of japan lately,
maybe they’re good as well and made for asian markets,
no idea ...

Upvote 0
I did my AA/Carplay USB hub replacement and although it took forever, I now know how to do it best. :)

You insert the hex tool like shown in the pic below, and use pliers to yank the front face out.

Now you just lift the 4 tabs and you can temporarily insert small screwdrivers in there and then you push the entire unit out from behind. Should come out fairly easily...

Attachments

• 20210320_151746.jpg
    20210320_151746.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 313
  • 20210320_151757.jpg
    20210320_151757.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 299
  • 20210320_151835.jpg
    20210320_151835.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 298
Upvote 0
Back