NAV question for 2016.5 CX-5

AZGolfer1

:
2016.5 CX-5
Curious about adding the Nav SD card. The SD card itself is available to buy separately - and I do have the SD slot (nex to the 2 USB port), but is that all I need to add Nav to my 2016.5 CX-5?

The screen display does have a menu selection for NAV - but I can't "select" it. Is that just because I don't have the SD card?

Curious about adding the Nav SD card. The SD card itself is available to buy separately - and I do have the SD slot (nex to the 2 USB port), but is that all I need to add Nav to my 2016.5 CX-5?

The screen display does have a menu selection for NAV - but I can't "select" it. Is that just because I don't have the SD card?

That's probably it. When I bought my car (just a couple weeks ago), the dealer simply slotted the SD card in and a few seconds later the Nav seemed to have engaged. Not exactly sure what he did as I was taking in my brand new car, but it didn't seem complicated at all.

Yes. Beware of buying the card from third parties though. If it costs under $300, be very skeptical. The cards marry themselves to head units after driving a few miles, after that they cannot be transferred to other vehicles. There've been some posters here who bought a cheap card that did not work.

Yes. Beware of buying the card from third parties though. If it costs under $300, be very skeptical. The cards marry themselves to head units after driving a few miles, after that they cannot be transferred to other vehicles. There've been some posters here who bought a cheap card that did not work.

I bought a cheap one and it works, albeit in Polish! 🤣 lesson learned.

For the 2017, I've contacted the eBay seller and confirmed English on the next one.

The seller has a high feedback rating and the item has a 30 day no questions return guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Back