MZDA WLF Proteg5 "build"

Started to do s*** to make the engine look better by using some DupliColor Engine Enamel to paint the water outlet. Gonna do the same with other various aluminum bits
C727A314-6106-4706-8CB3-F5147AA2FB1B.jpeg

Reactions: 323
Mmmmm fresh paint!

If you need any photos or details from a jdm fsze, let me know and I can grab them off my daily :)

Ouu a black P5! I just read threw your thread, I can relate to the pains of burning oil... I guess most here can lol
$500 for the new engine sounds like a great deal, send the next one my way!

Okay, so I’ve done a lot of work to the engine in the past couple days. Painted many aluminum bits, scrubbed all the accessories, replaced the timing belt and water pump, swapped my nice valve cover on, installed the slightly used spark plugs from the old engine for temporary use, installed a new oil pan, and a bunch of other s*** that I’m too exhausted to remember right now. Still need to install the intake and exhaust manifolds.
C2A37CC7-90EA-4315-B31B-D84E45CC52BF.jpeg

Good work! Its amazing how quickly a motor install goes when it's all prepped and ready to go

Did you have some helping hands or did you go solo?

Good work! Its amazing how quickly a motor install goes when it's all prepped and ready to go

Did you have some helping hands or did you go solo?
My housemate helped with the parts that were two-person jobs, as well as a couple things where I lack the sheer upper body strength.

Finally got an intake that will pass smog inspection in California, and it's powdercoated a metallic black similar to my paint color, too!

Attachments

• DDDC14E5-358E-483C-8EB8-4A8E45A4FA5D.jpeg
    DDDC14E5-358E-483C-8EB8-4A8E45A4FA5D.jpeg
    343.3 KB · Views: 206
Back