My New 2013 Mazda5 GT - Stereo Upgrade Time

The manufacturer claims this camera angle is 160 degrees. Attached is the picture from the head unit. The camera is installed under the license place light using this fixture.
Parking lines (adjustable by software, by the way) are roughly aligned along the outer edges of the tires. I used some measuring tape, chalk, and long pavement grooves to adjust it, this is the result of the adjustment.

I don't think it's worth working on making the 360 work on other android units. I mean, it's possible, nothing is impossible in the software world, but it's gonna cost more than the price of the head unit.
The reason for this is that the 360 functionality integrates and relies not only on the andoid part of the unit software, but also on the firmware of the MCU - this is sort of sub-android part, which controls the cameras switching, etc. It's like bios and it's specific to the electronic components of the model, so, it's very hard (almost impossible) to reverse engineer and port. Also, hacking/porting their android apps is also a tedious task. So, I'd say, no. :)

They also have ADAS front camera which connects over USB and sort of integrates with the head unit via software/firmware and some other fancy stuff.

If you want, I can take some pictures while driving out of the parking lot. Camera angles are really good, it's like I'm able to look around the corner with it.
Thanks and yes, post a few pics if you don't mind.

Your camera uses a Sony lens and judging by the curve of the far-away lines in the pic, there's definitely a more pronounce fisheye view even though advertise as 160* ($40), than my as advertised 170* (but $8), which has more of a straight view. Was hoping for something cheaper but for the benefit, may consider it.

vnrNMQr.jpg

Considering this is a discussion about Android radios, this forum can only confirm 'how well' it fits, 'what it looks' like post-install, and confirm what is lost in the OEM functionality. Anything else is anecdotal or post specs (brand, package, street price) and share the exact unit to avoid (even this is subjective b/c some accept the limits of the low price point).

This isn't exactly true. All of these decks, every last one, no matter what the "brand name" on them, be it Eonon, Erisin, Joying, Seicane, Atoto, Pumpkin, whatever, they are all made by the exact same company, on the exact same assembly line: Shenzhen Klyde.

Ever wonder why they would make a very specific radio to fit a fairly uncommon car that hasn't been in production in the last 13 years? Because the mould work has already been done! It costs them almost nothing to keep churning these absolute pieces of trash out. There's no QA/QC, there's no extra work, there's no nothing.

ciao amico, il mio modello è un modello solo per l'Italia, perché in America ci sono solo pochi modelli che qui in Italia non ci sono, viceversa. qui in Italia il modello si chiama Mazda 5 smart Navi e ha il navigatore di serie, come quello che metto nella foto, viene dalla casa madre così com'è, allego la foto del retro dell'autoradio.

sorry if I don't write well in English, but I live in Italy 😅 in any case yes that's the problem, the power cable that they give together with the android car radio has a different connection from my original one. I was able to find a cable that has the same attack luckily, yes ali express, when it arrives, I'll see if everything works. Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with wiring harnesses on cars.
Hello, check this out: 2013 Mazda 5 Stereo Wiring Diagrams

Perhaps, you need to start identifying the wires and building your own harness. I also happen to have an original Mazda 5 wiring harness (joke about a box of cables here), see attached.
This + the schematics I posted previously will help you identify which wire is which.
Also, check out this link - https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned). You can purchase this to retain the existing GPS antenna. Also this - https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned). This is just an example, you can find similar adapters on eBay or Aliexpress. You'll need to shave off one key to make it work, tho.

Attachments

• PXL_20230429_053743466.jpg
    PXL_20230429_053743466.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 59
Hello, check this out: 2013 Mazda 5 Stereo Wiring Diagrams

Perhaps, you need to start identifying the wires and building your own harness. I also happen to have an original Mazda 5 wiring harness (joke about a box of cables here), see attached.
This + the schematics I posted previously will help you identify which wire is which.
Also, check out this link - https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned). You can purchase this to retain the existing GPS antenna. Also this - https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned). This is just an example, you can find similar adapters on eBay or Aliexpress. You'll need to shave off one key to make it work, tho.
I really thank you for the help. I managed to find a cable that works as an adapter for my original power cable to attach to the android car stereo. when it arrives I will try to connect everything and see if it works.

This isn't exactly true. All of these decks, every last one, no matter what the "brand name" on them, be it Eonon, Erisin, Joying, Seicane, Atoto, Pumpkin, whatever, they are all made by the exact same company, on the exact same assembly line: Shenzhen Klyde.
Can you share a source that confirms this? Assuming they are a monopoly, does their financial report reflect this (pretty darn low from what I can google)?

Promo vid: they claim to be “one of” the leading manufacturers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvNcLMsW6aM
https://www.szklyde.com/faqs/

It is highly possible they manufacture for a handful but hard to believe they are the only manufacturer. All of the manufacturers are located in city of Shenzhen, aka the “world’s factory”. I wonder if you mean to say they all come from Shenzhen, which is likely true, but that they only come from the company, Klyde, is likely false.
http://en.gasgoo.com/promotion/car-Dvds-suppliers/
A Look Inside Shenzhen's High-Tech Empire (forbes.com)

Ever wonder why they would make a very specific radio to fit a fairly uncommon car that hasn't been in production in the last 13 years? Because the mould work has already been done! It costs them almost nothing to keep churning these absolute pieces of trash out. There's no QA/QC, there's no extra work, there's no nothing.
Android units are all ‘universal’ fit, like aftermarket radios except they now add tablet form factor chassis on top of 1-DIN and 2-DIN chassis we all know from aftermarket head units (I’ve not come across an Android that is 1.5-DIN).

The ONLY thing that is model specific is the bezel -a piece of plastic trim. It is a simple mold where there is little (not none) need to QA/QC to turning these out by the truck load. I’m sure they are checking machining to for tolerances and defects -can’t sell deformed bezels. When I was shopping for android, I notice there are also different manufacturers of the bezel, which I’m confident to say Klyde likely procures form another supplier; that’s how the supply chain works and what give Shenzhen the manufacturing advantage b/c all of the manufacturers of all of the various components are near each other to complete the chain. Cheap labor is gradually shifting to Vietnam/India/Africa but China's stronghold on the supply chain is tough to break -atm.

Hello,

Yes, I've seen that post. Seems like everybody has Mazda 5 sport - without the BT unit and call control buttons. I think the extra buttons are somehow wired through the BT unit which I've just disconnected.

On a side note, I'd like to use this opportunity to flex 9" android head unit, see attachments. Sharing my experience: if you ever go aliexpress way, better stick with popular brands that have community, firmware support, etc. I purchased "otojeta", which is a rebranded "idoing" and I'm quite unhappy with overheating, lack of mounting hardware, minimal support and crippled canbus adapter.

Think about aliexpress android units more like as of "DIY kits" than a product.

On a positive note: I would definitely recommend this particular reverse camera. This is not my first installation and these are cheap, they come with an easy to fish cable (round barrel connector) and the picture quality is awesome. Also, you can disable parking lines, which I did, as my head unit has adjustable parking lines.
hi, have you mounted the original mask for the android car radio or was it already together? Thank you

hi, have you mounted the original mask for the android car radio or was it already together? Thank you
Hello, I bought it separately and put everything together by myself. I reused metal mounting bracket from the original stereo, because plastic brackets that came with this face were no good.

Also, for the record, screen protective glass is from Nintendo switch.

Hello, I bought it separately and put everything together by myself. I reused metal mounting bracket from the original stereo, because plastic brackets that came with this face were no good.

Also, for the record, screen protective glass is from Nintendo switch.
but this grille is for mazda 5 first edition though, is your car not second edition?

but this grille is for mazda 5 first edition though, is your car not second edition?
Correct, this is the first edition.
I also have 2nd gen Mazda, mentioned here. The black panel I got came with the Android stereo. It's kind of "standard" across Chinese brands. It's a 9" trapezoid shape. You can find it everywhere, search for "Mazda 5 android fascia" or "Mazda 5 android panel", for example here.
The one I purchased with the stereo was crappy, though, with the plastic bracket. I got a metal bracket from another radio I installed previously. You can search for "2 din mounting bracket" or buy it here, for example. The problem was that that particular radio was that it was neither "2 din fat" nor "2 din tablet", but rather a "2 din tablet with slim 1 din horizontal body". That's why I had to craft such a contraption as see attached.
The reverse camera, by the way, is available with a clip-on bracket, which easily clips on the license plate lamp, see attached. I don't like it, I don't recommend it, I drilled the plastic trim (see original post) and used such a camera (not this particular one, it's an example of camera shape) for discreet installation. It's not wide-angle, though, the wife is unhappy about that. I'll probably do some research this summer and upgrade it.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 57
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 57
Back