My dealership made an "oops"

This is not an average Joe forum. Not very moderate as far as forums go. Other forums much easier going. I frequent this one for some of the great maintenance tips shared here, find myself visiting less due to the drama.

Because the moderators here expect us to work out our own issues, and by and large, it works.

Because the moderators here expect us to work out our own issues, and by and large, it works.

Not really, lol. Other forums I frequent require pretty much no moderation. This forum is the only one Ive ever seen that required somebody to step in and actually delete, edit, and hand out punishment to members.

That wasnt really what I meant anyway, I was referring to the opinions on car care. OEM or the highway, etc. This thread case in point. They didnt have an oil filter, theyre incompetent!. No middle ground.

Not really, lol. Other forums I frequent require pretty much no moderation. This forum is the only one I*ve ever seen that required somebody to step in and actually delete, edit, and hand out punishment to members.

That wasn*t really what I meant anyway, I was referring to the opinions on car care. OEM or the highway, etc. This thread case in point. *They didn*t have an oil filter, they*re incompetent!*. No middle ground.

People are extremists.

Really? I'm in several forums covering widely different topics and this is definitely one of the most cordial ones. Others have people chomping at the bit to pig-pile on other members. Lots of "keyboard cowboys" out there in cyberspace! (flash)

Not really, lol. Other forums I frequent require pretty much no moderation. This forum is the only one I*ve ever seen that required somebody to step in and actually delete, edit, and hand out punishment to members.

That wasn*t really what I meant anyway, I was referring to the opinions on car care. OEM or the highway, etc. This thread case in point. *They didn*t have an oil filter, they*re incompetent!*. No middle ground.

I don't feel like it costs me on big stuff. Got all 4 rotors replaced and new pads for $<600 with new Mazda. What's your indy charge you for comparable service + parts?

A little under $500, but I can do that s*** myself in a little over an hour. Debating if I will or not when the time comes, but either way, Ill buy the parts whenever online is the cheapest and do it or get it done. It sure as hell wont be going to the dealer.

Not having the oil filter for their most popular vehicle in for a scheduled service is negligent and incompetent, pure and simple.

From that point, the dealer did a good job of recovering and left the OP satisfied.

I'd prefer a dealer that gets it right the first time, but at least they show some integrity and desire to leave the customer happy.

I probably value:

Honesty/Integrity
Competence
Customer Service/Desire to please

In that order.

Other folks probably have a different order of preference. They are all important.

This dealer seems to have done pretty well at the 1st and last category.

Not having the oil filter for their most popular vehicle in for a scheduled service is negligent and incompetent, pure and simple.

From that point, the dealer did a good job of recovering and left the OP satisfied.

I'd prefer a dealer that gets it right the first time, but at least they show some integrity and desire to leave the customer happy.

I probably value:

Honesty/Integrity
Competence

In that order.

Other folks probably have a different order of preference. They are all important.

They've gotten it right for the last 100k miles of oil changes for me. They just switched to a new computer inventory system and it had an issue. They did an excellent recover.

A little under $500, but I can do that s*** myself in a little over an hour. Debating if I will or not when the time comes, but either way, I*ll buy the parts whenever online is the cheapest and do it or get it done. It sure as hell won*t be going to the dealer.

So I got an unlimited mileage wear or defect replacement warranty on brakes for $100. I'd say I done good!

I probably value:

Honesty/Integrity
Competence

In that order.

I can agree to this.

A little under $500, but I can do that s*** myself in a little over an hour. Debating if I will or not when the time comes, but either way, I*ll buy the parts whenever online is the cheapest and do it or get it done. It sure as hell won*t be going to the dealer.

I plan on doing the brakes myself when the time comes. Doing anything at the dealer is an extra hour or two burned, right off the bat. If I do it, it will cost less even for a more comprehensive job, and I'll know exactly what's going on down there. I'll put on new rotors and pads, bleed the lines, and make sure everything is nicely lubed. Then if there's noise or something, I'll know its in spite of having fresh parts and proper lubes and torques, not because something was screwed up or overlooked.

My rear brakes squealed at low speed when relatively new. I took it back in and they did some stuff, and it mostly went away. I know that sort of noise is cosmetic, but it would be nice to not have to hear it.

Damn, you can get a set of pads and rotor for like $115
Probably buying something similar as well. Theyre just as good if not better than the OEM ones for less than half the cost. Ive got them on my heavy ass truck and they work great, better than the OEM I replaced for sure.

Back