My 2 Cents

:
07 F150 HD
been reading the posts here for a while, now i think ill say my piece on all the diff topics......most of this is useless drivel and you may want the last 5 minutes of your life back after having read this....

I am going to be getting a MS protege. As long is it is low 20s I think it is a great deal. It looks awesome IMO, comes with a good head unit and 17"s (2 things i wont have to buy after dropping coin on a new ride). 170 hp isnt a lot, but its enough to make it a zoom zoom ride I cant wait to hop in. Sure the Neon SRT is faster but.....its a neon, and thats awful. I think the Sentra SE-R spec-v is the best buy right now, but im a tall guy, and i dont fit in it, suprisingly, the protege has more room.

The WRX comes to mind given the price range and the fact that its a 4 door with some a little zoom to it. For me to like a WRX though, it has to have a headlight conversion, rims, drop, and a body kit......yikes! now we are talking mid 30s for price. My real goal is the sports car, but i live in new england so my thinking is that I need a daily driver, something not RWD, something I can drive while my sports car is in the shop. The MS is the perfect solution. Its fun enough to tide me over until I get a sports car, and when i do get one, I can use the protege as the beater. It already looks and performs great so I wont worry about voiding the warranty with aftermarket parts as much as i might with other cars.

next topic....the color. I personally like the orange, I think it looks awesome, but im going to end up going with the black, only because I plan on adding lettering on the car and nothing looks as good on orange as on black.....what has me cringing is that my dealer told me they are planning a second run of the MS in the spring, a 2 color run. He didnt know if they would be going with more black and orange or 2 diff colors. im guessing 2 diff colors, and it makes me cringe cuz although the black is nice, I think it would look killer in red or white....

neeeeeeeeext.....In talking to my dealer he mentioned that mazdaspeed is going to be like a franchise, like a saleen dealership. Some mazda places will be licensed to sell mazdaspeed products and cars, others will not, so have a backup dealership ready in case the one u are planning on getting a MS from doesnt get the franchise or whatever....just a thought....

my dealer also said a cple weeks ago that he was expecting the final price and specs by a week or 2 (this week) so i called him today and he said he hasnt heard anything and that mazda may be pushing back the release a month or so from what he had heard, to specs in mid july, and car in late august.

as far as price, im trying to stay optimistic that it will be close to 22 but who knows.....

in other news, does anyone know where I can get the front lip as seen on the black mazdaformance.com protege? or those clear headlights?

and now to end my rant, protege sunroofs, do they open inside the roof or on top of it? never seen one that I remember, so im assuming inside........

slug420 said:

in other news, does anyone know where I can get the front lip as seen on the black mazdaformance.com protege? or those clear headlights?

and now to end my rant, protege sunroofs, do they open inside the roof or on top of it? never seen one that I remember, so im assuming inside........

the front lip you are refering to, is not a front lip but the front bumper from a protege5. same with the head lights.

the sunroof opens into the roof.

Back