MSP5 Conversion Project

rears are different. the tabs that hold down the bottom seats are in different positions
Shouldn't be hard to bend into place then, unless they're completely different locations.

An easier alternative might be to just move the fabric?

Shouldn't be hard to bend into place then, unless they're completely different locations.

An easier alternative might be to just move the fabric?

Totally different location from what I remember. Although the seat area doesn't move much anyway. No can do on the fabric as I think the split of the seats are different. You have a sedan and a P5 and can verify. I can no longer do that lol.

Thanks 323. I'll see if I can find any guidance on the rear.

Wow, never got any notifications on these posts! Sorry about the delay.

Yes, the fronts are direct swap, unless you have front side airbags, as the MSP does NOT. So you either have to swap the seat covers (what I did), or rig the car to keep the airbag light off.

For the rear, the brackets that hinge the backs are unique to the sedan/hatch. So you'll have to swap those out, and then the little clips under the front of the rear bench are different. On the P5, they are the rail things that have the little bars and yellow tabs. On the MSP they are simple little clips that you have to push into the sheet metal that two small metal U-loops clip into. I have the part number somewhere... I'll track it down for you. I'll also post some more pics. Just graduated and started a new job all while the world is trying to fall apart, so my poor mazda projects have all been "priority shifted."

mazda projects should never shift priority..

that being said- house mods and family time always win over mazda projects lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 323
Thanks Mikeyman64. All replies from everyone have been helpful/appreciated. 👏👍

I'll remember to keep everyone updated when I get to it. Pics as well. Thanks again all.

Latest posts

Back