MS3 Radio Install

utmorpheus

:
13 Mz2 Touring MTX
My employer just bought a new MS3 with the tech package for puttering around town...yeah it's awesome, I know. This is to replace an older Scylon xB that had about a $3k sound system that some kid decided to pull in front of and turn into beer can. My question is this: given the car has nav, Bose, etc. is it possible to replace the headunit without losing functionality to any other part of the vehicle electronics like some other cars on the market? I don't want to pull the factory radio and find that the nav screen, cruise control, and left rear turn signal magically don't work anymore.

The plan would be to add a separate spare-tire mounted sub/amp and tap the Bose system into the new headunit until there is a bit more money in the bank to do a full Bosectomy.

I was just about to post the same question. I'm thinking about a '13 Mazdaspeed3 to replace my Protege5 and I want to buy one without the tech package and install the Pioneer double-din head unit, amps and sub that I already have. Will removing the stock radio (no tech package) affect anything else on the vehicle?

Latest posts

Back