MPS gen 2 dyno run. Stage 2...Not making expected bhp

Hi guys,

Finally got round to getting my gen 2 Mazda 3 on the dyno today, after installing my modifications.

It’s got:
- fuel pump internals.
- bigger TMIC.
- cat back custom exhaust system.
- CS intake all the way back to turbo.
- turbo smart BOV. (Recirculated)
- COBB 3 port boost solenoid (set up 2 port, third blanked off)
- COBB accessport with ots stage 2 map.

I was expecting to see 300bhp on the dyno but came out with 248bhp. Highly disappointing!

Car seems to be running as it should as far as I’m aware, no boost leaks ect. According to the accessport I get a steady 17psi of boost at full throttle. 14.5 afr steady driving and can drop down to 8.1 on full throttle. Not sure if this is ok?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Not sure what to look out for next, maybe the boost solenoid isn’t set up correctly, bad map who knows.

Thanks in advance.

I’m surprised it’s only 248bhp. As for your afr dropping to 8.1 to the tuners I have talked to Aswell as the mechanics I know they have said on wot your afr should be around 9.5-10. But realistically 10 is your best afr ratio. And for your tune I highly suggest getting a professional tune instead of using a ots. I have ran an ots and I blew my motor. The ots is a band aid till you get a professional tune. After you get that you can see your bhp up to where you expect it. Just my 2 cents hope it helped

More important than final numbers, is the change in numbers... What did your power look like before all those mods? Did you get a baseline dyno plot for comparison? Also, AFR of 8 sounds wicked rich.

Thanks for replying guys. I’ve since been using accessport tuner and doing more logs to see what’s going on, 8.1 afr is happening between 2/2.5k revs on WOT.

My next step is to find a tuner - any recommendations? I’m in the UK.

Thanks for replying guys. I’ve since been using accessport tuner and doing more logs to see what’s going on, 8.1 afr is happening between 2/2.5k revs on WOT.

My next step is to find a tuner - any recommendations? I’m in the UK.
There is freaktune, stratified and pd tuning. I have heard all good things about these tuning companies. Good luck 👌

Back