motor build?

I would like to take a moment to respond to this. I realize this was from Aug but I don't like false information regarding our business on the internet.

We tried very hard to help this customer out with this build. When he originally brought the car to us it was mix and match turbo kit from ebay and lots of random companies. We started to put it together for him but nothing fit right and it was going to take a lot of hours to get right. With our shop rate it just didn't make sense for us to do it. We explained that to the customer and he paid for the work that we did do but the car was far from together.
The turbo was not assembled with ebay parts. It was a garrett turbo assembled by alamo with garrett parts. And it was brought to the tuner to get it running and tune the car since Zr failed to mention that they were unable to tune the vehicle when they accepted the job. The car in order to get running needed to be put on a dyno and tuned since it has an aftermarket turbo setup. Which was explained to Zr when I first brought it in to have the job done. And this still never explains why there was no transmission fluid put into the car? I paid for the motor and transmission to be installed hence paying for the job to be done in full which would include putting oil into the engine and transmission.
A long time later he comes back to us to remove the motor. Apparently my understanding was the tune had blown up the motor. We removed the motor as per his request. We let him keep the Mazda in our locked tent without charging storage fees for a few months while he got the motor rebuilt. Finally we told him the Mazda needs to leave as we needed the space and to bring it back to us when the motor was done.

When the motor arrived and the car came on a tow truck. We reassembled the car to the point where he could take it to his tuner to get it started only. Then to tow the car back to us so we could confirm the car is safe for the road. We never checked out the safety of this car. All we did was put the motor in. We explicitly told him to not drive the car before we finish our Pre Delivery Inspection. That includes a safety inspection of the driveability of the car and confirming the car is ready for the customer to enjoy. We didn't get the chance to do that as he decided to take it for a drive after he got it running.

We are sorry that it cost him a transmission but it was stated on his work order that we did not drive the car nor did we do a PDI. He was told in person by our tech to not drive the car and he confirmed that he would only get it started and tow it right back.

He filed a dispute for the charges but was unsuccessful because we showed the credit card company sufficient proof that the customer was aware to not drive the vehicle and bring it back to us to make it road worthy.

ZR Auto

The turbo was not assembled with ebay parts. It was a garrett turbo assembled by alamo with garrett parts. And it was brought to the tuner to get it running and tune the car since Zr failed to mention that they were unable to tune the vehicle when they accepted the job. The car in order to get running needed to be put on a dyno and tuned since it has an aftermarket turbo setup. Which was explained to Zr when I first brought it in to have the job done. And this still never explains why there was no transmission fluid put into the car? I paid for the motor and transmission to be installed hence paying for the job to be done in full which would include putting oil into the engine and transmission.

+1

Enough said as to the validity of his claims against the shops he has dealt with.

Might be time to stop posting on this thread. You did bad work and thats all I have to say. Just like Zr both faulty shops that dont really know what they are doing

I have already spoken and confirmed with Sunridge mazda that inspected the damaged transmission that When doing an engine install and transmission install putting fluids into the vehicle is part of the job.

Post some updated pics!

Will do next time im in the shop. The new patch harness showed up a week ago from haltech so im crossing my fingers it will run in 2016 and i can get some good pulls in. Whats up with the p5? Did u rebuild the trans yet?

Check my build thread here for the latest.

Whats the name of ur thread again can u post a link? Bump for a few updates installing a hydra brace plate to strengthen up the transmission, pulling out the lightweight flywheel since it was having issues with the car stalling out and bucking, new wire harness has been installed, new turbo gtx2867 , getting the prv re machined because it was sticking on cold starts. Just waiting off on the brace and case for the transmission to be sent back to me after powder coat. Pictures coming soon to bring this thread back to life.

Car is still having idle issues and stalling out, also oiling system is not working properly oil pressure is way too high and vex cant seem to figure out how to dial in the prv properly

. update took the car away from vex. Oil system was plumbed in all wrong at rcts originally. Vex couldn't figure it out so automan got it all sorted out. Next step is to get it retuned and downsize on the injectors. going to 650cc most likely

Specifically how was it plumbed wrong? I am about to do mine, and it seems very straight-forward. I just want to limit possible mishaps.

Specifically how was it plumbed wrong? I am about to do mine, and it seems very straight-forward. I just want to limit possible mishaps.
They somehow managed to plumb it in backwards. It has been fixed for a while now. Car has been re tuned and is running much better now with an open map. Turbo was replaced a while back with a gtx2867 and im hoping to get around 300-320 whp and i think i will just leave it at that. More pictures will be posted soon.

Back