Mods for 2014 Mazda6 and max hp?

I have a 2014 mazda6 I touring. Was wondering what mods I could do and what the max hp I could get on stock internals if I did a turbo? And if a turbo was even possible from which manufacturer?

Good question, I would recommend searching our Mazda6 Forums if you haven't already...I would also check out @ABCGarage's threads (and you can follow him on here as well).

Plus, I would definitely take a look at what @CorkSport has to offer for the 2014 Mazda6.

I hope that helps and that fellow Mazda6 Owners chime in here as well...Keep us posted if you can, thanks!

So sorry for late response. Like 2 years late but what would you say the 2.5l can handle on stock internals? Was going for a mustang gt premium but due to bad credit couldn't but some people mentioned making it a sleeper. Now I've always adored the look and comfort of it especially considering I got it for 10k at 87k on the odometer

So sorry for late response. Like 2 years late but what would you say the 2.5l can handle on stock internals? Was going for a mustang gt premium but due to bad credit couldn't but some people mentioned making it a sleeper. Now I've always adored the look and comfort of it especially considering I got it for 10k at 87k on the odometer
Never too late…Good question. Personally I’m not sure but I suspect not much if it’s not designed originally for forced induction.

If you’re looking for more than a small potential increase in power and you’re on a budget, turbocharging your 6 may not be the best direction. Custom forced induction done well can be quite expensive…I wouldn’t be surprised if it ran you 5k ~ 10k if you had the motor built up plus tuning and labor etc. Not sure if there is a quality kit on the market still but that probably won’t be cheap.

All that said, I love turbocharging, tuning and the Mazda6 but based on the info you’ve posted, maybe it would be better to consider a car that is turbocharged from the factory that’s also relatively new and in great condition.

I wonder what second gen Mazdaspeed3s are going for these days…There’s the Mazdaspeed6 but finding one with low mileage and in great condition may be difficult.

Whether you turbo or not, be sure to check CorkSport (as mentioned above)…Great parts and supporter of this Community!

Never too late…Good question. Personally I’m not sure but I suspect not much if it’s not designed originally for forced induction.

If you’re looking for more than a small potential increase in power and you’re on a budget, turbocharging your 6 may not be the best direction. Custom forced induction done well can be quite expensive…I wouldn’t be surprised if it ran you 5k ~ 10k if you had the motor built up plus tuning and labor etc. Not sure if there is a quality kit on the market still but that probably won’t be cheap.

All that said, I love turbocharging, tuning and the Mazda6 but based on the info you’ve posted, maybe it would be better to consider a car that is turbocharged from the factory that’s also relatively new and in great condition.

I wonder what second gen Mazdaspeed3s are going for these days…There’s the Mazdaspeed6 but finding one with low mileage and in great condition may be difficult.

Whether you turbo or not, be sure to check CorkSport (as mentioned above)…Great parts and supporter of this Community!

That's true. I thought about going that route with a Mazdaspeed 6 but I looked for about 8 months and they looked burnt out so to speak. And due to my credit I'm unable to get something else at least for a long time. I saw cork sport and found some things I like. I do remember a company doing a turbo kit for 2010 to 2014 models but can't remember the name off the top of my head. If I don't go turbo what do you think I could do without killing and what type of numbers would you expect? I'm willing to be the guinea pig for the community so to speak. I am getting that drtuned soon though for sure.

My man! I just found a 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 with only 90k miles on it on my price range. Going to look at it later today. I hope I can get it. If I do I'll be sure to post on the forum and link you. Wish me luck

That's true. I thought about going that route with a Mazdaspeed 6 but I looked for about 8 months and they looked burnt out so to speak. And due to my credit I'm unable to get something else at least for a long time. I saw cork sport and found some things I like. I do remember a company doing a turbo kit for 2010 to 2014 models but can't remember the name off the top of my head. If I don't go turbo what do you think I could do without killing and what type of numbers would you expect? I'm willing to be the guinea pig for the community so to speak. I am getting that drtuned soon though for sure.
I haven’t heard of drtuned before but I wouldn’t expect much if you’re thinking about getting a tune for the stock naturally aspirated engine.

Maybe consider stages…First, try basic bolt-ons…Plus better suspension, brakes and tires (with lighter wheels).

My man! I just found a 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 with only 90k miles on it on my price range. Going to look at it later today. I hope I can get it. If I do I'll be sure to post on the forum and link you. Wish me luck
Cool! Be careful, you don’t want a headache…Unfortunately some Mazdaspeeds have not been treated and or maintained properly.

I would look for as stock as possible with maintenance records…Good luck!

Cool! Be careful, you don’t want a headache…Unfortunately some Mazdaspeeds have not been treated and or maintained properly.

I would look for as stock as possible with maintenance records…Good luck!
Thanks! Yeah I've heard thankfully my grandfather owns 2 car shops so he can go look with me. Fingers crossed

Back