Mike's 2018 CX-9 Signature

So far, so good! Don't sweat the battery, its a consumable and batteries in general don't seem to last as long as they used to for whatever reason. At least we're not forced into using a more expensive AGM battery, I've had to replace the AGM battery on my dad's 2018 Equinox twice already. For the cost of those two batteries, I could have bought a brand new battery for my CX-9 every winter since I got it! lol
I bought a battery for my wife's Jetta sometime back. Car for totaled (by me 😔) but I was able to get the new Kirkland battery out before it was gone for good... It sat on my concrete garage floor for nearly three years before I decided to hook it up to my 04' Eclipse GTS, now that I fixed the clutch and a handful of other issues.

I had to buy new terminals etc as the Jettas need a battery with the positive terminal on the left side.

Anyways, the thing turned over on the first try with no hesitation. The engine needed to be revved a bit as the gas needed to circulate end all the components back back to life, but needless to say, I was impressed with the battery.

Kirkland for the win.

Swapped in a new battery in the Costco parking lot the other day. Figured I'd take advantage of the nearly empty Return/Warranty line. Original battery was purchased 2 years ago, for $120 CDN. New battery was $150 CDN, but because of the warranty, they refunded the cost of a brand new battery to my debit card, and I just had to buy a new one, effectively resetting the warranty clock to 48 months (y)

20231227_113456.jpg

20231227_115147.jpg

Before the Kirkland stuff, I used to fill with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum or Castrol Edge, and both were $35-38 per 5L jug when they were on sale.
When I did my oil change a couple of months ago, I got a pack of 3 PUP from Amazon. $27 per jug.

Also I just wanted to say I like the way you take care of this car. I'm sure it inspires others to do better.

When I did my oil change a couple of months ago, I got a pack of 3 PUP from Amazon. $27 per jug.

Also I just wanted to say I like the way you take care of this car. I'm sure it inspires others to do better.

Thank you! I do what I can, when I can. (y)

Back