Miata availability/price/lease thread

:
‘16 CX-9 GT
Hi All,

I spend most of my time in the CX-9 side of the forum as that’s the Mazda in my garage. Stopping by here for some thoughts.

My father is potentially looking at buying or leasing a manual, club Miata sometime soon. I looked on TrueCar, but I’m curious to see what a good deal looks like if anyone bought during this weird time of pandemic affected car prices & availability.

Thanks in advance!

I found a great deal on my 2016 MX Club manual trans soft top but it wasn't during the pandemic. It was in the fall of 2019. Bought it from Carmax. The MX was in immaculate condition with just over 11k miles on it. Garage kept and beautiful. Exactly what I was looking for. $20k out the door.

5501203C-D3B3-4B66-8155-60EF721BEB25.gif

@Conrad 16.5 How about thoughts on RF vs soft top? He drove an RF today and liked it quite a bit.

I looked at a new RF and test drove it. I really liked it but I wanted a real convertible, a soft top. If I wasn't retired and had to drive the MX to work and whatnot I may have changed my mind or debated which to buy more. Only because the RF is so much more secure, theft wise, than a soft top.

Not that I live in a high crime area but a soft top is far from secure. My MX is garage kept so security isn't an issue at home.

Plus in an RF when the top is 'down' it's not really down is it? It's more like a T-Top without the center bar. I can tell you one thing though, when I saw the RF's top operate for the first time it was VERY impressive.

I have the RF and don’t regret not getting the soft top. I prefer having both options...A hard top and the ability to go top down. A perfect solution would likely be a 2015 with the power retractable hardtop but they are in short supply as a used MX5.

Wade

Awesome thoughts, thanks for the input. My father bought a ‘21 RF club this afternoon.

Beyond this forum, any recommendations for Miata info I should pass along to my dad?

Back