Mazda6 supply and pricing now and in 6 months?

:
Honda HRV
What are our expectations for the supply of new and used Mazda6s over the next 6 months?

Needing to add a second vehicle to our household, for the hubs. Just about paid off my CX-5. Absolutely love it, and the Mazda6. Don't care that the 6 is discontinued or that it hasn't been upgraded in awhile. The GT Reserve and Signature trims are perfect.

My local Mazda dealer has no Mazda6s and no expectation of getting more. I'd gladly buy a used 2018 > now. Seems like I’ll have to travel to get it.

Do you buy that the chip shortage, new car shortage, and fed pumping money into the economy will cause used prices to continue to soar, or get worse? Or will the news of the Mazda6 being discontinued cause more people to dump them (trade, not purchase at lease end, etc)? Basically, should I shop hard now and get it done or will the discontinue cause a faster value spiral in the coming months?

What are our expectations for the supply of new and used Mazda6s over the next 6 months?

Needing to add a second vehicle to our household, for the hubs. Just about paid off my CX-5. Absolutely love it, and the Mazda6. Don't care that the 6 is discontinued or that it hasn't been upgraded in awhile. The GT Reserve and Signature trims are perfect.

My local Mazda dealer has no Mazda6s and no expectation of getting more. I'd gladly buy a used 2018 > now. Seems like I’ll have to travel to get it.

Do you buy that the chip shortage, new car shortage, and fed pumping money into the economy will cause used prices to continue to soar, or get worse? Or will the news of the Mazda6 being discontinued cause more people to dump them (trade, not purchase at lease end, etc)? Basically, should I shop hard now and get it done or will the discontinue cause a faster value spiral in the coming months?
Not giving up my Mazda6. However, HOWEVER, I am entertaining the thought of a 2023 Mazda6 with the new in-line 6 and rear wheel drive. Allegedly, rumors are these models could show up on dealer lots in late 2022.

But market availability and dealer pricing will determine whether or not I push the “Buy” button. And rather than be beaten to death on my trade-in, I see Carvana as a viable alternative to getting the most bang for my Buck on my current Mazda6. Either way, it’s another tool in the Negotiation Tool Box and a slight leverage over the dealer.

Back