Mazda6 (2016), P0012 error - How to fix?

Good day

I need your help - expert advice on Mazda 6, 2.5l (2016)!

For a month and a half we have not been able to find the cause of the P0012 error on my auto.
P0012 “A” Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Retarded (Bank 1)

During this time, the "Check engine" light came on 5 times, after a while it went out, now it is on again.

I've visited the official Mazda service. Everything was checked according to the instructions (wires, tags, sensors, oil pressure, etc.) several times - everything is in order, but the reason has not been found. Just in case, I changed several gas stations, but did not give any result.

Mileage is 52000 km only.

Perhaps you have encountered such a problem before, can you please suggest in which direction to continue diagnostics?

Thanks for your assistance!

Well that oil change interval is certainly adequate maintenance on your part, and the number of km is quite low as well. Plus the 2016 was pre-CD, so this is the less complex engine design as well.

In all of the years I've spent on auto forums, I can't recall reading another case of a piston breaking, where there was no initiating cause, such a rod being thrown. But of course any part could have a defect, and it's just your very bad luck to have it happen to your engine. Perhaps you can find a fairly low mileage used engine?

Upvote 0
Yes, presently searching for some low km used engine. Guys from service still trying to find out what is the reason of such failure.

Upvote 0
HI! This one

Attachments

• изображение_viber_2022-08-30_21-40-18-944.jpg
    изображение_viber_2022-08-30_21-40-18-944.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
Back