Mazda3 Hatch Turbo in Canada - 2022 MY Made in Japan?

:
Toronto, ON
:
2021 CX-5 GT Turbo
Hi guys, I'm contemplating buying a 2022 Mazda3 Hatch Turbo. I currently have a 2021 CX-5 GT Turbo which I love, and I'd like add a Mazda3 hatch to the collection, but I don't like buying a first year of manufacture vehicle, which the 3 Turbo is. The basic engine might be out of the CX-9 / CX-5, but it has a new intercooler design, new transmission casing, totally different engine software, beefier rear diff etc, so I'd like some of the bugs to be ironed out before I purchase the car. I have 2 questions:

1. Will there be a Turbo model in 2022, or is it a unicorn car like the 2019 CX-5 Diesel?
2. Will the MY 2022 Turbo models still be manufactured in Japan?

Thanks!

Hi guys, I'm contemplating buying a 2022 Mazda3 Hatch Turbo. I currently have a 2021 CX-5 GT Turbo which I love, and I'd like add a Mazda3 hatch to the collection, but I don't like buying a first year of manufacture vehicle, which the 3 Turbo is. The basic engine might be out of the CX-9 / CX-5, but it has a new intercooler design, new transmission casing, totally different engine software, beefier rear diff etc, so I'd like some of the bugs to be ironed out before I purchase the car. I have 2 questions:

1. Will there be a Turbo model in 2022, or is it a unicorn car like the 2019 CX-5 Diesel?
2. Will the MY 2022 Turbo models still be manufactured in Japan?

Thanks!

Turbo model should still be available in 2022, as the engine is an option in other models like the Mazda6 and the CX-30. I don't see them ditching it anytime soon. I would guess that it will continue to be available as an option throughout the Mazda3's current design lifecycle.

As far as I know, Mazda3s are manufactured in both Japan and Mexico for the NA market. Back in 2019 it seemed that most hatchbacks were manufactured in Japan, but as of right now, I'm not sure. Best way to know for sure would be to check to make sure there is a "J" VIN on the car.

Upvote 0
Back