Mazda tops Consumer reports as most Reliable brand for 2021!

Mazda has always been a mixed bag for many people. Some people say they are underrated, others say they are overrated. I always felt that Mazda flew under the radar and didn't care. All they basically seemed to do was concentrate on making quality cars at decent prices. I rarely ever hear people talk trash about a modern-day Mazda once they have owned one. They must be doing something right.

My CX-30 seems to be the best car I have ever owned in comparison to the Milan, Corolla, and Cruze I have owned in the past. It feels more upper echelon than the others ever did.

Mazda has always been a mixed bag for many people. Some people say they are underrated, others say they are overrated. I always felt that Mazda flew under the radar and didn't care. All they basically seemed to do was concentrate on making quality cars at decent prices. I rarely ever hear people talk trash about a modern-day Mazda once they have owned one. They must be doing something right.

My CX-30 seems to be the best car I have ever owned in comparison to the Milan, Corolla, and Cruze I have owned in the past. It feels more upper echelon than the others ever did.

I do think they are getting much better. Honestly, I purchased the 2017 Mazda 3 for my son and that is a very "cheap" feeling car. The materials have worn and the metal and paint feels cheap. It rattles, squeaks and just feels like a cheap tin can. At 35K miles, the car feels done.

The new Mazda 3 is completely different feeling. It feels fantastic and solid. Just a whole class above. I personally can't understand how anybody would prefer the the older generation to this new version.

To me, Mazda was always cheap trash. Like a wish.com Ford. All that changed with the SkyActiv platform, where they become competitive in their segments, and now with the redesign of the 6 and cx5 and cx9 in the late 20Teens, they have become class leading in their segment. I'd call them "most improved brand of the decade."

Interesting to note from Consumers that the Kia Soul and Forte have dropped in reliability now that they switched to a CVT in the new cars. They were better ranked with the older 6 speed auto.
Also very telling that Nissan finally ditched their CVT in the Pathfinder, after years of continuous (see what I did there?) problems. They've now gone to a 9 speed traditional auto box.
All this to say that I hope I never see Mazda make the same mistake and go to CVT's.

This is good news and can certainly help increase resale value hopefully closer to market leaders Toyota, Honda and Subaru. Of course, resale value varies per region.

What is crazy is that everyone around me is getting CX-9's. Before this year, there were two of us with CX-9's in our neighberhood and honestly, I rarely ever saw another CX-9. As of today, we have almost 10 CX-9s and 20+ CX-5's in the hood . Not sure what is going on.

What is crazy is that everyone around me is getting CX-9's. Before this year, there were two of us with CX-9's in our neighberhood and honestly, I rarely ever saw another CX-9. As of today, we have almost 10 CX-9s and 20+ CX-5's in the hood . Not sure what is going on.
Probably they got tired of their previous vehicle and decided to go with something better/different? Or there was a baby boom and they needed a 3 row crossover!

Well, Mazda had one of its best months ever and saw increased sales of all its cars - even Mazda 6's and 3s sold. The Mazda CX-9 had its best month since Sept of 2013!

No wonder I am seeing Mazda's everywhere!

Back