Mazda Toolbox

bronzeglide

2021 CX-5 Signature
Another question on the new car. 2021 SG

Mazda Toolbox is not recognizing the SD Card. I've tried Mac, PC, built in SD card reader, and external card reader. I have driven 150 miles and used the nav more than once.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 8.50.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 8.50.55 AM.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 211
I had a similar issue the last time I updated my NAV cards. (both MX-5 and CX-5)

My understanding is that once you insert the SD card into your computers card reader that the Toolbox is supposed to automatically recognize that a NAV card has been inserted and start the program. It didn't on my PC.

No matter what I did the Toolbox would not start and I couldn't find a way to start the Toolbox manually, except...

I had just updated the Toolbox to the latest version, so I still had the updated setup program handy.

What I ended up doing was to insert the NAV card into the computers card reader and then run the Toolbox update again. When the setup is completed it ends with the Toolbox program open.

Now with the Toolbox opened it will recognize the NAV card.

YMMV

On a PC, just open Start and find your Mazda app folder, then start Mazda Toolbox. I never allow the insertion of some media (SD/CD/USB/DVD, etc) to start an app. It is a huge security issue. There's probably some setting somewhere to allow auto startup, but I would never allow it.

One note on Toolbox. I've only updated my SD twice and IIRC, both times I got some type of error accessing the SD. I then restarted the toolbox app and everything worked fine.

On a PC, just open Start and find your Mazda app folder, then start Mazda Toolbox. I never allow the insertion of some media (SD/CD/USB/DVD, etc) to start an app. It is a huge security issue. There's probably some setting somewhere to allow auto startup, but I would never allow it.

One note on Toolbox. I've only updated my SD twice and IIRC, both times I got some type of error accessing the SD. I then restarted the toolbox app and everything worked fine.

I'm using Windows 10 and following your advice above, I don't find the Mazda Toolbox folder at all, looking under the M's, or anywhere else, at least not under the Start menu.

Using Windows Explorer I do find it here, C:\Program Files (x86)\Mazda\Toolbox.

As I said above, I can't find out how to start the Toolbox manually. There is no .exe file in the above folder that starts the program, at least not that I can find. The only application in the main folder is the Uninstall program...

As I said above, I can't find out how to start the Toolbox manually. There is no .exe file in the above folder that starts the program, at least not that I can find. The only application in the main folder is the Uninstall program...
Here's what my Start menu item runs:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mazda\Toolbox\tbagent.exe"
Toolbox.jpg

Last edited:
Type tbagent in Window's search bar. I tried mine and it says there is an update, do I want to update it? And I click No. Then the pop up closes without running the app. I will update mine later.

Yes, I did find tbagent.exe in the above folder. As I said, I wasn't able to find the .exe that starts the Toolbox manually.

tbagent.exe is the upgrade program for the Toolbox and I'm sure that if I gave it the go-ahead to upgrade that it would eventually end with the Toolbox up and running on my computer. I didn't do this but I will when I'm ready to update the NAV in the MX. I should have two more updates available to me for that card, I have no updates available for the CX as it's been more than three years since I bought and did the initial upgrade on it.

Another question on the new car. 2021 SG

Mazda Toolbox is not recognizing the SD Card. I've tried Mac, PC, built in SD card reader, and external card reader. I have driven 150 miles and used the nav more than once.

Any suggestions?

Did you get the update tool for the 7th generation Nav?
I have some vague memory the exe is different.

For 2021 Infotainment is also different than 2020 and prior.

Is am assuming I did. Went to Mazda Connect website and followed to to "mazda update toolbox" and downloaded it. The old version for my 2016 was "mazda toolbox".

was it from here?

if it was from that exact location then I am out of ideas, except may be try with a new registration user/pass if you have not tried.

DOWNLOAD THE MAZDA UPDATE TOOLBOX​

1. On https://mazda.welcome.naviextras.com select the region where you purchased your vehicle. You will be automatically navigated to the regional website.
  2. click top ‘How to Update’ section then scroll down and look for download toolbox button.

Last edited:
Back