Mazda Survey

BushWickz

2021 CX-5 Reserve
Hey How y'all doin'

Sooo not long ago I got this 2021 CX-5 GTR from a dealership in Farihaven MA. Worst experience on a dealership ever! It started with a web search then found a price below MSRP then a phone call which inmediatelly gave me a bad feeling. The seller (****) wasn't in a good disposition of selling a car that day, altough I said I was a potential buyer (due to the price).. showed up the next day and there's when the uncomfortable moments started.. Lack of communication between them, lease was written to the wrong person who doesn't even drive, the finance lady was very rude and uncondescendent. (later on we found out few comments about the same person). The insurance company didn't wanna issue anything because they knew something was wrong with the purchase agreement (the owner have never drove a vehicle in it's life and unlicensed)...

After all the cons we moved forward becasue of the price.. BUT then t the seller (****) came to us while he was demonstrating the vehicle to us and told us to forgive the issue becasue the finance girl was having a bad day and due to the fact that we were getting a survey, even if the problem wasn't caused by him personally everything said and done could affect him as a seller and his many yrs selling cars.

I'm ready to give 'em some 1's and 2's but man.. the seller did a great job and he was very easy going. Surveys means a lot to sellers and some of them are just jerks trying to sell you and rip you off and happy that you leave the lot, but considering that everything went wrong (as of customer service) I kinda lean to a bad review but again I also understand that some of the mistakes made on this wasn't all his fault.

Surveys are what they are and I understand that liying on them won't solve and fix anything. Poor service, jerk sellers and financiers are everywhere even when they smile at you but I'd like to hear other points of view.

How would you proceed?

I'd contact the GM, and the SM. They would want to know that their dealership is screwing up with its customers. A survey won't get the right reaction.

There will be a set of questions about the salesperson, a set about the finance manager, and some about the dealer in general. The only person negatively affected financially by a bad survey is the salesperson. It can cost them a significant chunk of their quarterly income

I'd contact the GM, and the SM. They would want to know that their dealership is screwing up with its customers. A survey won't get the right reaction.

Oh! GM was told about how uncomfortable we felt with the finance girl and her attitude but honestly he didn't mind the complaint. Instead he was cheerful probably as a way to wash off our discontent. My wife was very impressed by the lack of attentiveness on that particular case.

I should point out, and quote some customer service experience, some people treat others like they were asking for favors instead of a service. That's why we're lean to give 'em bad reviews. I also remember that at some point they also wanted us to give them good reviews on Google and that's when we saw the bad reviews about the finance girl. Apparently It's very common to feel that way in this place.

I would be honest in your review and explain your ratings if you feel that it is necessary. Negative ratings can affect the salesperson's commission, but you know what they say.. "sh*t rolls downhill". If the finance person was terrible to deal with, but nobody ever calls her out on it, there's no incentive for her to change (or in this case, for the GM to do anything about it).

To limit the negative impact on the salesperson, give him and the overall dealership positive ratings and leave the bad ratings to the financing section of the survey. Explain what happened in the comments section. One bad survey can cost a salesperson 3 months of bonuses from Mazda (even if they didn't do anything wrong)

That review literally is the dealer's report card to/from the manufacturer.

Tell them you'll give them a good review if they give you 3 free oil changes. - Though it's illegal for them, and it's ballsy to ask, and a good GM will say "no way". Back in the day dealerships would do this all the time in return for a good report card. Now I think the report card even asks if you were given any incentive to ask.

Just be honest in your review. The next guy researching the dealership will appreciate a honest review that truly reflects the level of service you received. The GM of the dealership should also welcome an honest review to assess how his/her employees are servicing clients.

Just be honest in your review. The next guy researching the dealership will appreciate a honest review that truly reflects the level of service you received. The GM of the dealership should also welcome an honest review to assess how his/her employees are servicing clients.
The survey he's talking about is the internal one that goes to Mazda corporate and the dealer.

ThatTell them you'll give them a good review if they give you 3 free oil changes. - Though it's illegal for them, and it's ballsy to ask, and a good GM will say "no way". Back in the day dealerships would do this all the time in return for a good report card. Now I think the report card even asks if you were given any incentive to ask.

That wouldn’t be professional.

..in other hand I’ve figured some Mazda dealers won’t offer free first time oil changes like Honda does and depending on the dealership they rather give coupons to motivate you go into service.

I still have to fill out my survey from Mazda Canada. The experience was great except for the final delivery when the parts department forgot to install the all weather floor mats.

It's a simple survey with a rating of 1-10 and a comment field on why you gave that rating.

How could the lease be written to the wrong person?

the parts department forgot to install the all weather floor mats.
When my son bought his Honda CRV, they tried to charge him to "install" his all weather mats on top of the price of the mats. I said give them to me & proceeded to "install" them in front of the new car manager in about a minute.

When my son bought his Honda CRV, they tried to charge him to "install" his all weather mats on top of the price of the mats. I said give them to me & proceeded to "install" them in front of the new car manager in about a minute.
I think "install" means they throw away any packaging material for you :)

Last edited:
They should have installed it no questions asked. Whether it was before you picked up the car or at the time of delivery. SMH

Back