Mazda Has Already Sold a Million CX-5s

sound_man

:
2015 CX-5 GS
Link to the article, but I also pasted it below. Article

"The milestone came at the end of April 2015, making the CX-5 crossover the second-fastest Mazda model to reach the one-million-unit mark behind the Mazda3. In total, it took the crossover just three years and five months since production began in November 2011.

The Mazda CX-5 was the companys first new-generation model that boasted SkyActiv Technology and the Kodo design language, with production beginning at the Ujina Plant in Hiroshima. Since then, it has expandedand is also manufactured in China, Russia, Malaysia and Vietnam.

Since its introduction to the market, the CX-5 has won over 60 awards around the world including Car of the Year Japan in 2012-2013. The model was also the top-selling SUV in Japan in 2012 and 2013.

I am delighted to see the CX-5 reach the one-million-unit mark in only three years and five months, said Masashi Otsuka, Program Manager of the CX-5. I would like to express my gratitude to the people all over the world who have appreciated and supported the CX-5. We are committed to continue enhancing this model into the future to ensure that it remains a popular choice among people with active lifestyles, and will appeal to even more customers in the future.

A million CX-5's on the road and the segment is just getting more and more popular so that number is going to be increasing at a faster pace. Yet when I emailed stealthbox about availability of a CX-5 custom box they stated that they focus only on the more popular models and what not. I think they need to re-think that a bit. I'd love to get a stealth box and add a sub to the CX-5!

Million sounds great, but, is that their best model seller yet?? It does sound impressive, that's ALOT of CX-5s!!

I expect the CX-3 will also prove to achieve strong sales revenues. Crossovers and compact SUV's are still a relatively new category which will continue to attract more and more consumers transitioning away from traditional sedan and coupe style cars.

Back