Mazda CX-50

Couldn't help myself.
There are so many cute utes out there already, it just seems like a waste of resources for Mazda to introduce another one.
Surely Mazda can do better than to just copy everyone else?

Buzz, it is what people are buying man! Sedans are dying, no one is buying them. Sexy utes are the future and if a car company doesn't stay current and offer them they will die.

Some more information, not really new but apparently they are going after the big boys.

https://carbuzz.com/news/mazda-cx-5-will-be-reborn-as-luxury-mercedes-glc-rival

Here are some of the renders from the source of that article (Best Car Web)

SCOOP_04.jpg

SCOOP_06.jpg

Check out the new model 2022 Genesis GV70 front end compared to the Mazda....

GV70
Also check out the new Cadillac CT-4. Same grille as the Genesis and Mazda.
Does anyone do anything original anymore?

Also check out the new Cadillac CT-4. Same grille as the Genesis and Mazda.
Does anyone do anything original anymore?
Like “dragon tail” tail-lights. A lot of those around.

It's getting harder and harder to come up with truly unique designs these days. For example, the front end of the Mazda6 render they did borrows heavily from the current Genesis G70 and MB A-Class sedan. I don't think either of these cars will look anything like these renders.

So which came first? The Mazda design, or the Genesis, the MB, the Caddy?
Seems to me that Mazda has used their current grille rendering a lot longer than the others.

Reminds me of the grille design of the Ford Fusion from a few years ago which was a blatant rip off from an Aston Martin.

So which came first? The Mazda design, or the Genesis, the MB, the Caddy?
Seems to me that Mazda has used their current grille rendering a lot longer than the others.

Reminds me of the grille design of the Ford Fusion from a few years ago which was a blatant rip off from an Aston Martin.
Look up Ford Fusion deign team leader Moray Callum (Ford>Mazda>Ford) and brother Ian Callum (Ford>TWR>Jaguar/Aston-Martin).

Here are some of the renders from the source of that article (Best Car Web)...
The front of the more recent render puts it in line with the MX-30's design more. I kind of like it.

Part of me wants them to name this the CX-60 to kind of go back to having a 3, 6, 9 designation again like the 323, 626, and 929 used to be. Rename the CX-9 into CX-90, and there you go.

The front of the more recent render puts it in line with the MX-30's design more. I kind of like it.

Part of me wants them to name this the CX-60 to kind of go back to having a 3, 6, 9 designation again like the 323, 626, and 929 used to be. Rename the CX-9 into CX-90, and there you go.
Interesting idea! Seems possible in the US and Canada (no Mazda2 now)...Hmm :unsure:🙂

I agree, it would be pretty cool to have the 3, 6, 9 theme going again.

Apparently the next generation of CX-9 is going to be renamed CX-90 (we've actually created a new subforum for the CX-90 here), but I haven't really been able to find much info about it.

I think in some way, shape, or form, Mazda will finally bring a version of the CX-4 to the US. Before Mazda made the crossover'd Mazda3 (CX-30), it made a crossover'd Mazda6 (CX-4) for the Chinese market.

Back