Mazda CX-5 unveiled. Mazda unveil amazing CX-5 SUV crossover

coolmazda5

Contributor
:
2008 Mazda5 5MT Sport w/ Popular Package
(naughty)

The winds of change are blowing at Mazda! This sketch shows the Japanese maker's all-new SUV, set to be unveiled at this year's Moscow Motor Show in August.

The sleek crossover, whose styling is inspired by 'crosswinds', will be uncovered in concept form at the Russian show and will provide the basis for an Eastern European market SUV called the CX-5, due in 2009.

But the good news is that the CX-5 will be heading West. Due to hit UK shores in 2010, the CX-5 will be a stylish newcomer in the fledgling small SUV market, battling it out with the Ford Kuga and Nissan Qashqai.

The new concept is the latest Mazda to follow the firm's 'Nagare' design direction, following a glut of similarly themed concepts including the the Hakaze, Taiki and the Furai. The word 'nagare' means 'flow' in Japanese, and encapsulates Mazda's 'new approach to expressing movement in car design'.

As ever, we'll be first with breaking news when the Russian concept is fully unveiled, so keep coming back to Auto Express online. In the meantime, make sure you check out our exclusive video of the Mazda Furai on the track.

car_photo_267495_7.jpg

mazda-concept-i01.jpg

Sources:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/223836/mazda-cx-5.html

http://www.auto123.com/en/news/car-news/mazda-to-unveil-a-new-concept-in-russia?artid=98454

those sketch pics are getting worse and worse!! you can't tell anything what the car will really look like

Sweet....Mazda is making a DONK!!!!!

Yeah...those sketches leave a lot to the imagination..

I envision a CX-7 about 12 inches shorter....and a few inches narrower...powered by the Ford/Escape V6 not turbo...

a few years late, but whatever...

I envision a CX-7 about 12 inches shorter....and a few inches narrower...powered by the Ford/Escape V6 not turbo...

a few years late, but whatever...

If it gets that engine, I'll be pissed. Have you driven a new Escape w/ that engine? 240hp from that 3.0L...It moves that thing like a raped ape. It'll run circles around the CX7.

Yeah, I know I just wish Mazda would have been allowed to keep the K-series V6 they had and develop it more instead of handing over the rights and engineering to Ford for their 2.5L Duratec V6... which spawned all the other Duratec V6's :(

kl series = nothing special anyways. just sounds nice. i like the ford v6, hope the 3.7l makes it to the fusion awd

kl series = nothing special anyways. just sounds nice. i like the ford v6, hope the 3.7l makes it to the fusion awd

whoooops, look like i hit a fordfan's nerve.
the KL i super special. When it was released, all Ford had was iron pushrod V6's. If it werent for the KL, the duratec wouldnt exist. Besides, 2.5L KL-ZE was making 200HP. 3.0 Duratec wasnt even making 200hp when it came out. Both engine's could sound exactly the same, what makes them sound diff is Ford's crappy exhaust manifolds. Duratec isnt bad though, for a knockoff

meh i had a mx6 before my speed. with all my bolts on and ZE IM and cams I was around 200hp. beh. even the klze genuine isnt that special. sounds great, decent powerband but nothing crazy. nice, but its 2010 model.. sure hope it has something alot nicer than a klze lol

Last edited:
meh i had a mx6 before my speed. with all my bolts on and ZE IM and cams I was around 200hp. beh. even the klze genuine isnt that special. sounds great, decent powerband but nothing crazy. nice, but its 2010 model.. sure hope it has something alot nicer than a klze lol

You just don't know how to bring out its potential (evil)

Im so sick of SUV's. I like the cx7 and edge but I am over it..

spend some damn money and sketch a mazdaspeed 6 based off the JDM mazda 6 coupe and give us what we really want

You just don't know how to bring out its potential

what potential? The oil pump that likes to explode or the rods that cant take boost or the ZE valvetrain that well, sucks..For 1993, yah it was amazing. Now a days there are 2.0l 4 cylinders making more power that a ZE from the factory with 100,000KM warranties so why bother sticking an engine that was designed 20 years ago into a new mazda?

Im so sick of SUV's. I like the cx7 and edge but I am over it..

spend some damn money and sketch a mazdaspeed 6 based off the JDM mazda 6 coupe and give us what we really want
why spend money when you could google it for free?

mazda-coupe.jpg

Back