Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 2012 2.2L Diesel Coolant leak?

ausqld231

I own a Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 2012 2.2L 2.2L Turbo Diesel, it has 170,000km on the clock with only upcoming major fix is a Diff bushing.

Last week i went to work and noticed a small puddle of coolant on the floor checked all the connections nothing was lose and reservoir is full.
Fast forward to day i was pulling up at the shops and steam starts coming from the engine opening the door and there is coolant all over the floor.
i managed to get the car home as was only 5mins away only thing i noticed was engine fan was running high and coolant resivor level hadent moved.

I filled up the radiator directly from the cap and it took 2L of coolant and the resivor level hasent changed at all. after runnign the car for 20mins with no visible leaks only the engine fan is going in to over drive.
From what I can see with coolant is coming from ontop on of the starter motor starter motor but i cant see where exactly.
any ideas of what i could be im going to take to my mechanic on monday.

Where are you located? Unfortunately your CX-5 2.2L diesel definitely suffered infamous overheating and blown head gasket problem. Worse, this overheating problem happens without any overheating warning from your instruments. The best way you can do right now is to call your local Mazda headquarter and seek for help. Some countries such as Taiwan now has an official recall been forced by the government there to replace the engine with those issues. And Mazda has stopped selling popular new CX-5 diesel models in Taiwan starting MY 2019 until such issue can be resolved.

2.2 diesel head gasket ?

Blown head gasket for CX-5 Diesel

In Taiwan ROC Ministry calls for Mazda to respond to Safety Probe

CX-5 coolant spray / exhaust pressure sensor fail / Oil Chain broken

Back