Mazda considering CX-5, a Hakaze-inspired crossover

The japanese production RX-8 has a 3 rotor engine, and ive seen/heard about 13-b rotorys from rx-7's being moded into 3 rotors. from what i hear they push almost 500HP which is quite a bit. its very possible that they could make a rotory CUV.

jamalunas said:
The japanese production RX-8 has a 3 rotor engine, and ive seen/heard about 13-b rotorys from rx-7's being moded into 3 rotors. from what i hear they push almost 500HP which is quite a bit. its very possible that they could make a rotory CUV.

WRONG

All RX-8's regardless of country have the 13B-based Renesis.

RX-7's with 3 rotors are done with an engine swap, take 13B out put 20B in.

Converting a 13B to a 20B is possible but needs very specific parts and someone that knows how.

maybe a hydrogen or hybrid setup? we are talking about 2010 right? and a while back i saw a concept hydrogen rotary turbo engine that produces as much power as a regular motor today but runs hydro....

Newf said:
why would you ruin this by putting in a rotary? The gas, the oil....not worth it.

I believe Mazda is working on a new gen rotary in addition to the one running on Hydrogen so the "gas and oil" may not even be an issue anymore...:)

that will nice...future cars are going to be badass and it will be cool to see how people will mods hydro cars and race em lol...

Newf said:
why would you ruin this by putting in a rotary? The gas, the oil....not worth it.

How can you consider yourself a Mazda enthusiast???(boom01)
"not worth it" (no) Rotary is worth every inch or penny (thumb)

NEW IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take a 20B wankel rotory with turbos, stuff it into the CX-5 and presto you have the new Mazdaspeed CX-5

SuperProtege5 said:
NEW IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take a 20B wankel rotory with turbos, stuff it into the CX-5 and presto you have the new Mazdaspeed CX-5

That would be hot!!! I would be first in line for that!!! Better have stick!

If they build it, I will come. As long as its sportin a turbo MZR actuated by a 6 speed manual (or a DSG style trans) feeding all 4 wheels. Im sure by then Ill have a wife who needs a new car.

I hope somebody at Mazda reads these forums.

Oh and it should be packed with technology, advanced key, Nav, BLUETOOTH, Aux imput for stereo.

And please please please, give us a switch for the all wheel drive so that we can select normal, sport and winter settings.

Same wheels as the CX 7...I am liking it and maybe it's my next after the CX 7 since I have 4 more years on it!

If they throw the hybrid power plant from the Ford Escape in there, I will buy one before it hits the show room floor.

the honda elements have the same doors dont they? another suv by mazda... eh why dont they make another 2 seater that has a rotary in it

Because 2 seater's with rotaries don't keep a company in business. Look at Porsche... even they had to start making an SUV. They have a 4 door sedan coming out and they will have a smaller SUV soon as well.

Car companies cannot live on sports cars alone.

porsche's 4 door looks like s*** though...i dont know why they tried to keep the 2 door body style for that. they should have just attempted something new instead of making a stretched out coupe. Their 4 door almost looks like a bmw z4...which also looks oddly phallic...

Good question...It has the RX-8 door setup...Does that mean there is a possibility of the CX-5 going rotary? I don't think it's too far-fetched...A rotary crossover...That would be cool! :D
If it is going to have a rotary, they wouldn't be touting it as CX - it would be another RX. :)

That what i was thinkin, the RX-5 or CRX-5

WRONG
All RX-8's regardless of country have the 13B-based Renesis.
RX-7's with 3 rotors are done with an engine swap, take 13B out put 20B in.
Converting a 13B to a 20B is possible but needs very specific parts and someone that knows how.

Ya beat me to it. No 3 rotor Renesis fun.
I bet there are a few loco locals in PR that know how!
U forgot to mention my favorite, the dual 13b's mated for the 4 rotor!

new photoshop from japanese magazine.

Attachments

• scoop_0407_02.jpg
    scoop_0407_02.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 2,623
Back