Mazda Connect (Nav) update for Feb 2021

Nice, thanks. I always have it as a backup to Waze when I road trip through areas with bad signal.

I wonder how much has changed in it though, since this is the longest it's ever taken for it to download and update.

When doing the update and it does a backup, does it back up to the SD card or to a Mazda account online that I login with via the ToolBox app (or maybe stored locally)? Wondering if these backups are using up space as today it said Backup8.

When doing the update and it does a backup, does it back up to the SD card or to a Mazda account online that I login with via the ToolBox app (or maybe stored locally)? Wondering if these backups are using up space as today it said Backup8.
The help section for Mazda Toolbox says that backups are stored on "secured Naviextras servers". I'm guessing the backups are not the full contents of the SD card, just whatever preferences, addresses, etc. that are user customizable.

The help section for Mazda Toolbox says that backups are stored on "secured Naviextras servers". I'm guessing the backups are not the full contents of the SD card, just whatever preferences, addresses, etc. that are user customizable.
Bingo! No reason to store the huge map dataset for each user - just the relatively tiny custom stuff and the map version date.

The updated firmware 70.00.367 already contains the newest gracenote but the maps were updated Feb 2021.

Is there any significant change since the September 2020 upgrade?

As far as the maps, I'm not sure, probably depends on the area, they always add new stuff that was still under construction, etc.

I updated from 2018 maps as that was what the SD card contained I purchased from Amazon. :)

Do the new maps have the renumbered junction numbers [or those soon to be] being rolled out in MA? i.e. replacing sequential numbers with milepost value. The I-90 (Mass pike west from Boston) is apparently complete e.g. the I-90 turnoff onto I-95 is now 123 [was 14]
www.wwlp.com/news/massachusetts/mass-pike-exit-renumbering-project-completed/
Probably not. They still list construction lower speed limit traveling through downtown Springfield which has been finished for over a year now.

They also don’t list a street we are building a home on in South Carolina. There are countless omissions if you look hard enough.

That’s why google maps are usually better because they spy on you while driving and get instant feedback for which roads are there :)

Does anyone know when the Latest Map Update will be. Mazda showed last one August 2021;

UPDATE MY MAPS​

A NEW MAP UPDATE WAS MADE AVAILABLE IN AUGUST, 2021. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR MAP UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS.

My Free Subscription ends March 2022

Here you go ;)

Attachments

• map.PNG
    map.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 170
I still can't believe they doubled down on these prices for the cards. They INCREASED the price to $450 to 'add on' the card.

Not making it up: It's an add on in the US ... for $450. Used to be $399. They've actually upped the price... ("All displayed on your cars touchscreen..." that can only be used when parked....)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-08 104245.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-02-08 104245.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 122
Here in DK, they update nav card for $25 at regular aut. service, if any new released.

Supply and demand hehe :)

My Amazon SD card still works fine, but I have a 2016, it was about $50 ...

Back