Mazda 6 Brake upgrade

I didnt think the ebrake seal came with the rebuild kit. Do you have a part number or something so I can find it?

I had that happen to me. I replaced the Ebrake seal when I rebuilt the calipers So far so good going on a year

Hey fellow protege nerds!

Got a question. I have read through the thread and haven't seen anything relating to the dreaded protege ebrake seal leaks. I just noticed over the weekend that my rear calipers are leaking fluid from the ebrake input shaft. This is the third set is about two years that the seals have failed on.

So I was wondering if the 626 or mazda 6 calipers has a better design that would not end up leaking after a few months or years.

Thanks a ton!

Hey guys, there was a lot of talk about MSP brake calipers on this thread so I thought i'd ask. Anyone know where I can get the original stock mazdaspeed protege rear calipers? Or if anyone has a part number i'd appreciate it! thanks

Hey everyone!
I'm fitting MZ6 front brakes on my MSP. Everything bolts up, but the brake lines are about 2" too short to fit in the banjo bolt hole with it aligned so the anti twist pin fits in the hole. Is everyone just installing it without it aligned, or are you using a different brake line -or- modifying the caliper?

Hey everyone!
I'm fitting MZ6 front brakes on my MSP. Everything bolts up, but the brake lines are about 2" too short to fit in the banjo bolt hole with it aligned so the anti twist pin fits in the hole. Is everyone just installing it without it aligned, or are you using a different brake line -or- modifying the caliper?

Some aftermarket stainless lines don't come with the lock pin, so you should be able to use the standard lines but not use the lock pin, just double check the banjo bolts are tight!

Some aftermarket stainless lines don't come with the lock pin, so you should be able to use the standard lines but not use the lock pin, just double check the banjo bolts are tight!
The lock pin is there so that the alignment of the hose is such that prevents it from getting pinched on suspension travel or turns. Just make sure that there is no interference with the new calipers.

A well stocked parts house -like NAPA- should have a selection of hoses with the same fittings but in different lengths. Use new copper washers on the banjo fittings.

Back