ND MX-5 Mark’s 2016 ND Build

At least you know of a place to stop for some air, food and lodging (if needed). :)

Speaking of, I need to get a new air compressor. My pancake was lost in the flood. Opened the garage door and it was floating, thankfully it didn't hit the Jeep.
Not sure of the quality, but HF is having a 10% off sale on compressors

Thanks, will have to check them out. Primary use would be for putting air in tires so I don't need anything extravagant.

With the JBR Black Friday deal I picked up the short shifter! And got the new lower rear underbrace bar from Pierce Motorsports too. Saved about 55$ between the two purchases. Between now and Jan. I’ve been doing a little metal detecting to keep busy!

Attachments

• 9F4BDA6E-CAB5-4C73-99B2-14D009784103.jpeg
    9F4BDA6E-CAB5-4C73-99B2-14D009784103.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 114
Awesome!

Looks relaxing, have you found anything valuable or worth keeping?

Lots of coins, oldest was a 1880 Indian head penny And a Chinese coin from the 1800’s as well. Found old spoons, kids toys from the 60’s, old horse shoes, rail road spikes, iron parts from an old shovel shop. Non of it worth very much, just having fun searching for ”it”!
I did some detecting as a kid with a Tandy 25$ machine and found a lot of coins. My brother got me back into it last yr while I was in FL. he does the beaches and has found lots of coins and jewelry (gold and silver).
We’re both hoping to go on a paid hunt in NC in March. 2200 acres of civil war battle fields, old home sites and the like, if COVID doesn’t blow it up!

Attachments

• 0FCF2C1E-A322-4623-896C-5F21B811C893.jpeg
    0FCF2C1E-A322-4623-896C-5F21B811C893.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 116
  • 3AB94842-4B69-4582-85B3-EA66EA356BB2.jpeg
    3AB94842-4B69-4582-85B3-EA66EA356BB2.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 106
Just ordered a Hard Dog roll bar. I’ll be saving a few bucks on shipping as Bethania Garage is about 1hr+ from my winter home in NC!
it’s being made now so it will be ready when I get there!

Attachments

• C9732ACD-CB05-484C-B9F9-06E235DD9972.jpeg
    C9732ACD-CB05-484C-B9F9-06E235DD9972.jpeg
    2.8 KB · Views: 115
Just ordered a Hard Dog roll bar. I’ll be saving a few bucks on shipping as Bethania Garage is about 1hr+ from my winter home in NC!
it’s being made now so it will be ready when I get there!

That is a cool little hobby. Best of luck in your hunting.

Nice! I love Blackbird's bar but it is a bit pricey. Have looked at the Hard Dog but now Blackbird's new hoops intrigue me. Looking forward to seeing it in person. Doing the install down South?

Nice. I guess the full mods are coming

MmmmmHmmmm, you called it waaaaaay back in 2016! ;)

That is a cool little hobby. Best of luck in your hunting.

Nice! I love Blackbird's bar but it is a bit pricey. Have looked at the Hard Dog but now Blackbird's new hoops intrigue me. Looking forward to seeing it in person. Doing the install down South?

MmmmmHmmmm, you called it waaaaaay back in 2016! ;)
You guys!!! I love the blackbird full bar but the cost! And I really liked the hoops, but for similar money I got the double diagonal M4. 705$ for the M4 and 695$ for the hoops.
I’ll probably do the install back home with the proper tools! I’m also going to delete the CD player and make the cubby larger for some additional storage.

Last edited:
Would the hoops have sufficed for the tracks you run? Just wondering if some tracks would prefer a full roll bar over upgraded hoops.

Well at least it will be nice and warm when you return home to do the install. Interesting about the CD player.

Oh yeah, bought a new inflator. I was looking at the HF compressors but for what I will use it for, I went with this Kobalt. Small and portable and will do the job and I like that I can preset the PSI needed.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-DC-...Inflator-Power-Source-Car-Electric/1000092575

It's not just the track Jeff but the org that is running the event. They differ from event to event.

Beyond the track and autox...Honestly, with all the crisscrossing the land I'll be doing, it's an upgrade to the stock bars and added protection for the street.

So Covid has come to my door step😬, family member is getting tested.... southern travels may have to wait 😠. Can’t get my mom sick at 89!

Well most everything worked out! 🙏 one of my son in law’s, the one I live with tested negative! Great News ! On the other NC front, my daughter and her husband tested positive 😔. My daughter is doing fine, her sense of smell and taste is just starting to come back. Her husband still doesn’t fell better, it’s been about 11 days now. He was really sick the first 5 days. So, we’re not staying with them right now, needless to say. Robin and I will pick up Miata on Tuesday and off to Daytona for a week before seeing my mom and brother on the west coast.

Back