Maintenance Mileage Requirement Extended For Pandemic

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
I am the happy owner of a 2020 Signature AWD Turbo. It has 10,000 kilometers on the clock so time for that service. Here in Cali, Colombia we have been in lockdown for some weeks. This week automotive sales and maintenance businesses have been allowed to reopen so I tried to make an appointment. Well there are mobility restrictions in place for those under 18 or over 70. I am in the latter camp and when I tried to make an appointment for servicing today they said I can not deliver and recover the car because of my age. They also said though that because of the lockdown over the pandemic the mileage requirement for maintenance in order to stay in warranty has been extended up to 1500 kilometers over normal so as long as I bring the car in before 11,500 kilometers the warranty will remain in effect. Our lockdown requirements including age restriction have already been extended once by the mayor of the city but the current restrictions are supposed to end in two weeks (not withstanding that the health minister is clamoring for yet another extension). As I am only allowed to leave home in my vehicle twice a week and my round trip mileage to the city is about 30 kilometers round trip I shouldn't have a warranty mileage problem as things now stand thanks to Mazda's mileage requirement extension. I am not worried about the car (yet) since our normal service requirement is every 5000 kilometers or 3100 miles, which is well under the US requirement of every 5000 miles for the same car and motor. Fingers crossed for no further quarantine extensions!

Not officially a quarantine here in Canada, but recommended isolation. Still, many businesses closed and one wonders how thee things play out. Many here have winter tires on still, a good month at least past norm. And temps rising (finally) next week so the rubber will start to wear.

My mileage is nicely kept down, good for oil changes and good for my lease. But i wonder how lease turnovers are being handled. Or recalls. So many ramifications. Small issues compared to COVID. But need to be managed nonetheless.

I did my winter tires right before things shut down, and I regretted it... for the next 14 days. Just not worth it. Promised myself it would be out of house only for true needs from then on, and I've been lucky enough to be able to adhere to that.

Maybe dealer will pick-up and return vehicle.
Your lockdown sounds pretty extreme.

How many cases and deaths in Colombia?

Thanks for the suggestion about the dealer. Problem with that is I live way too far out in the country for them to provide that service.

And thanks for posting the numbers for Colombia. The city I am near, Cali is the second worst off after Bogota. In the poorer barrios of the city a lot of denizens are very undisciplined,, out in the street in groups partying etc. because they are not working.. And of course with out face masks. Those who are confirmed to have the virus but are not hospitalized must remain in quarantine for fourteen days in their houses. Some of them ignore that and go out and about. The mayor now even has a team that hunts for them and has threatened to put them in jail if they continue to flaunt the law. With all of that however from what I can tell Colombia is far better off than neighboring countries like Ecuador, Peru and Brazil so it appears the strict measures are helping.

Thanks for the suggestion about the dealer. Problem with that is I live way too far out in the country for them to provide that service.

And thanks for posting the numbers for Colombia. The city I am near, Cali is the second worst off after Bogota. In the poorer barrios of the city a lot of denizens are very undisciplined,, out in the street in groups partying etc. because they are not working.. And of course with out face masks. Those who are confirmed to have the virus but are not hospitalized must remain in quarantine for fourteen days in their houses. Some of them ignore that and go out and about. The mayor now even has a team that hunts for them and has threatened to put them in jail if they continue to flaunt the law. With all of that however from what I can tell Colombia is far better off than neighboring countries like Ecuador, Peru and Brazil so it appears the strict measures are helping.
Sounds just like Los Angeles.

Back